Hey guys, I need help finding an amp for me..

My budget is between $400-$550. I mostly play Metal, (Dream theater, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, and Iron Maiden) and Metalcore. (As I lay Dying, Destroy the Runner, August Burns Red, and Killswitch Engage) but I'd still like some versatility because sometimes i'm in the mood to play some Rush, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili peppers and other random stuff. So i'm looking for an amp that has some pretty good cleans and good overdrive. And i'd like the amp to be pretty good at low volumes, but I'd still like it to be loud because I might be gigging/jam.

I've been looking at the Roland Cube, B-52 AT-112, and Randall RG50TC. I would get a Roland Cube 60 but it's solid state and I hear tube amps pretty much pwn ss amps. I've also played the b-52 before and I love it, but I'd still like to know some other options.. I've never played the Randall before but I hear it's pretty good.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
If you look around enough you may be lucky enough to find a used 5150/6505 combo in your price range. Otherwise, I'd have to say the Randall.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Don't buy the Randall RG50TC, it's just not a good amp. I've never played a B-52 but I hear they're pretty nice, and you'd probably get over the Roland pretty quickly.

I'm assuming you're talking US dollars here. The advice of looking for a used 5150/6505 combo is pretty solid and definitely worth a look. Also maybe a used JCM 800 and a nice overdrive pedal. Or if you want to be really sure you're getting a good amp, save up more money and buy something nicer.
the amp that im in LOVE with, and am going to get, is the Vox Valvetronix. it's $249.99...it is THE best amp that i've ever played on, honest. he has effects up the azz and countless types of different tones you can choose from.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Don't buy the Randall RG50TC, it's just not a good amp. I've never played a B-52 but I hear they're pretty nice, and you'd probably get over the Roland pretty quickly.

I'm assuming you're talking US dollars here. The advice of looking for a used 5150/6505 combo is pretty solid and definitely worth a look. Also maybe a used JCM 800 and a nice overdrive pedal. Or if you want to be really sure you're getting a good amp, save up more money and buy something nicer.

Yeah I hear the 5150/6505 is a good amp but i've neber heard it. Do you know of any good links of how it sounds?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by led_zep_1789
the amp that im in LOVE with, and am going to get, is the Vox Valvetronix. it's $249.99...it is THE best amp that i've ever played on, honest. he has effects up the azz and countless types of different tones you can choose from.

Alot of people on UG say that the distortion gets pretty muddy though..
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ignore him, the Valvetronix is completely useless for your kind of music. You can do much better in your price range.

As for clips I'm sure you could find something on Youtube.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Ignore him, the Valvetronix is completely useless for your kind of music. You can do much better in your price range.

As for clips I'm sure you could find something on Youtube.

Oh alright, I found some. Sounds great, now I have to find someone willing to sell it for cheap lol. Thanks for the help
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime