so.... i'm not capable of fully explaining right now... but i sorta accidentally bought a new guitar on eBay earlier. it's ok because i've actually been kinda wanting one of these guitars anyway just as a beater with a cutaway.

so i'm the proud new owner of a Takamine G340SC:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516423

so... thoughts on my stupidity? anyone else accidentally ever buy a guitar?

oh by the way, i also just picked up one of these earlier today:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-FastTrack-Ultra-USB-2.0-Audio-Interface?sku=241806

anybody have one? i'm pretty interested to see how good this thing is.
mod ? hmmm...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I really like that interface there. How is it, quality-wise?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
LOL... you may have *accidentally* bought a new Tak today, but I did it on purpose. I kid you not, just five hours ago I put down a deposit to order that exact same guitar!

Can't say I've ever bought something accidentally. What happened? Click-happy fingers? Drunken ebaying? Something tells me there's a funny story behind this, so I hope you'll fill us in.

I'm not sure how long it'll take for the guitar to arrive at the store, so I'll be looking forward to your review.
Hmm.. ebay.. well, I once got really drunk in Mexico and traded a guitar for a girl. When I woke up I was looking for the guitar (it was a nice one too). We eventually tracked her family down and I got my guitar back, but they didn't want the girl. I was at a loss, really. I couldn't feed myself adequately at the time, and I know nothing about pimping, so I had to leave her there. I hope she did OK.

Anyway, the moral of this story is: be careful about what you buy accidentally. You might get more than you expected.
Ha ha ha, way to go jim! Proof that just cuz it rhymes with "God", doesn't make you one! See people of UG, even mods make dumbass mistakes too! And need help once in a while.
Jimbo, sorry man, but how the hell does one "accidentally" make a purchase on ebay? Did you nod off on the keyboard with your head pressing the enter button or something? I've never yet bought anything from the bay so I just can't see anyone doing that by accident.
At least you got a guitar. Just think, you could have bought anything else on there, like maybe 1000 cases of TP with George W's pic on every sheet!
Oh wait, that would be a good thing. lol
Hey now...its possible. I accidently bought my 12-string. and an ipod at one point.

See, you put in a ridiculously stupid low bid, and then you end up winning. And evidently its bad e-bay juju to tell them that you don't want it and you didn't buy it on purpose. haha.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
Hey now...its possible. I accidently bought my 12-string. and an ipod at one point.

See, you put in a ridiculously stupid low bid, and then you end up winning. And evidently its bad e-bay juju to tell them that you don't want it and you didn't buy it on purpose. haha.

That's a love-hate situation right there hahaha. Wish that would happen w/ the blackberry I'm trying to score!
Quote by roamingbard13

wow, thats like a good accident. maybe i should try something like that 1 day lol
Wow... accidentally winning.

My friend has the same guitar. It sounded really bad at first, but now(a year later) after it's been played in, it actually sounds quite a bit better.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Kartman
I really like that interface there. How is it, quality-wise?

I just ordered it yesterday, so I'll let you know in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll post a review of it or something. I think it should be pretty good, though. I did a good bit of reading about it and it seems pretty sweet.

Quote by sunshowers
Can't say I've ever bought something accidentally. What happened? Click-happy fingers? Drunken ebaying? Something tells me there's a funny story behind this, so I hope you'll fill us in.

Quote by LeftyDave
Jimbo, sorry man, but how the hell does one "accidentally" make a purchase on ebay? Did you nod off on the keyboard with your head pressing the enter button or something? I've never yet bought anything from the bay so I just can't see anyone doing that by accident.

Haha it's a mixture of some of all that. It started with drunken eBaying What happened was I did a search for the guitar just to see what they were going for on eBay. As I said, I have been interested in picking one of these up anyway at some point. I wanted a beater guitar with a cutaway and no electronics that wasn't a total POS, which this one qualifies for quite nicely. So I'm lookin' around and they are all basically the same price that Musicians Friend carries them for. Then I see one auction that is selling it for like $2 less than everyone else. I check the auction out. Guitar is brand new, not second, not blem, not refurb. Comes with gigbag, strap, and some other crap I can't even remember. Free shipping. So it's a legit auction, but I'm not interested in spending $300 on a new guitar right now.

Then I notice that the auction has one of those "Make an offer" buttons... d'oh. So I put in an offer that is over $40 less than their "Buy it Now" price. I didn't expect that they would have $40 worth of swing in the price considering they are throwing in extras and offering free shipping. A couple hours later I get an e-mail congratulating me on my new purchase. Again, d'oh. So, as I said, I sorta accidentally bought a new guitar on eBay.

Quote by roamingbard13

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Quote by captivate
My friend has the same guitar. It sounded really bad at first, but now(a year later) after it's been played in, it actually sounds quite a bit better.

Hmmph, I am hoping it sounds OK right out of the box. I know it's not going to sound phenomenal because it's a cheap guitar, but I don't expect it to sound really bad! I guess I'll just have to play the heck out of it for the first couple months.
I wouldn't mind accidentally buying that guitar, it looks great! : D
But I guess, it's the quality of it that matters. Ho hum.
hahaha. It just sounded bad compared to my Art & Lutherie Cedar top. =P That and maybe it's because he kept elixirs on back then. they made the guitar sound brighter than the sun. It sounded disgusting.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The M-audio interfaces are meant to be really good, I was looking getting an interface and asked my friend who's a sound engineer and he recommended the m-audio ones.

congrats on accidentally buying the guitar, i've gotta check those make an offer buttons out.
My cousinn accidentally bought an I-pod touch for €16, needless to say he didn't regret it

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
well both the audio interface and the guitar arrived today.

i must say that i'm pretty happy with the guitar. i can't honestly say that it compares with any of my more expensive ($500-$3000) guitars... but for a $300 guitar, it's every bit as good as you would want.

as for the audio interface... i'm blown away. this thing is of seriously good quality and has features galore. i have only messed with it to a limited extent so far, but i am very impressed and feel confident that i will only be more impressed as i get deeper into it's capabilities.

i will post pictures of both new pieces of equipment as well as sound clips/videos tomorrow. stay tuned!