Page 1 of 7
Search bar didn't turn anything up, so I figured I'd give this a try.

Who's your favorite vocalist of all time, and what do you like about them? Singers and screamers/growlers apply here.

For me, it's gotta be Glassjaw's Daryl Palumbo. He can scream like a demon, and can then pull it back to soft, beautiful singing, not to mention that most anything that comes out of the guy's mouth is lyrical brilliance.

And yes, I DO know he's from Head Automatica also, so flame away for all I care.
Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth - he can do anything from great clean singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfUBBOzWZQ to amazing grunt vocals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpH3qhP_UE
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
IMO, you can't beat Simone Simons of Epica. Her power and tonal control astound me.

For male singers, Russell Allen leaves the rest in the dust. I'd like to hear Russell and Simone sing a duet from Phantom of the Opera sometime before I die.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jul 11, 2008,
Um I guess Corey Taylor for metal.

The Breaking Benjamin singer.

I dont like high pitch **** really. Not that I am saying its bad.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
BRUCE DICKINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon people, you all know it!!!!!
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!
JordanFlayer uses:

Fender and Yamaha Guitars
Ernie Ball .11-.54 Strings
Marshall and Peavey Amps
MXR Pedals
Fender Medium Picks

Number 45 of the Iron Maiden are Gods club- 'PM Revelations to join

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /

A couple of my favorites are Nate Barclow form Finch and Tommy Rogers from BTBAM. They're really good lyricists too which is a good bonus.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Quote by synpet713192
Good call. Mikael is probably my favorite metal vocalist. The fact that he does it while playing also adds to his credit.

yeah same. Ok if you don't like metal than you can always listen to porcupine tree, whose vocalist Steve Wilson pwns Thom Yorke :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU2XvgoD08E
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by deathnote29
A couple of my favorites are Nate Barclow form Finch and Tommy Rogers from BTBAM. They're really good lyricists too which is a good bonus.

YES! How in the HELL did I forget about Tommy?

I'm a bad BtBaM fan

EDIT:
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Johnny Searchbar is absolutely amazing.

Read the first line, dude.
Every reply that has not been Jeff Buckley has been incorrect, sadly.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
i know when i say this guys name, i'm gonna have a bunch of tomatoes or something like that virtually thrown at me...but today i'm armed ha ha =P so:

i think patrick stump from fall out boy is a nice singer and he has improved a lot over the years

but there are loads of others that are amazing and really talented!
That's really hard to narrow down but here's my fav 3.

Geoff Tate - Queensryche (for metal)

Freddy Mercury - Queen (for overall)

Christina Aguilera - (Best female - I think she has the pipes to sing just about anything if she wanted to)
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Freddy Mercury.

/thread
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Howling Pele from The Hives
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jul 11, 2008,
Chino Moreno. His voice is pretty ****ed, to be honest, it kind of always has been, but there's so much emotion, it's unbelievable, I can just feel it so heavily when he sings.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
I can't pick ONE favorite, but

Claudio Sanchez
Serj Tankian
Ozzy Osbourne
Anthony Kiedis
James Hetfield
Bruce Dickinson
Geddy Lee

All come to mind.
Quote by metal_licka
Maynard James Keenan

closely followed by Mikael Akerfeldt

yeah Maynard's the best clean metal vocalist out there hands down
Quote by thegreensquall
Mike Patton
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by synpet713192
Okay, pardon me for not double, triple, and sextuple-checking different searchbar phrases.

I believe it's no secret that the search system here is less than grade A. I can't really blame you.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by nikhil101
yeah Maynard's the best clean metal vocalist out there hands down

Definitely, his voice takes you to other, better places.
actually I'm surprised I was the first to mention him
"I'm just gonna go comatose for a few hours, hallucinate vividly, then possibly have amnesia about the whole experience"

"...okay"

It's strange how lightly we take dreaming
xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhi50xg5Lg4
Quote by NorfIrIon
I believe it's no secret that the search system here is less than grade A. I can't really blame you.

For your reassurance, and your sigged Every Time I Die lyrics, I now really like you
Quote by JordanFlayer
BRUCE DICKINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon people, you all know it!!!!!
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 Up The Irons!!

Edit: +1 for Maynard too
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Elliott Smith, Thom Yorke. Basically any vocalist who isn't afraid of using the higher register.
I've almost finished.
Quote by Freaky_Styley
Mike Patton

I like his stuff with Fantomas.

Also, Christian Alverstam. (Scar Symmetry)

Ayumi Hamasaki, ofcourse.

Maynard (Tool)

And I'm going to get flamed for these 2:

Jared Leto (30stm)

Ville Valo (HIM)
I really like Ville Valo from H.I.M. and Marilyn Manson
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
It's probably between Mikael Akerfeldt and Mike Patton for me.