Just started studing some tapping solos and decided to buckle down and get it right. I was just trying the part in "one" by Metallica. IE 19p15p12 etc... i can do that but doesn't sound right and I haven't gotten it up to speed. So what I'm looking for is a good tab to practice tapping. Thanks for any and all help!
eruption

EDIT: wait, i didnt see the beginner/interm bit.

no idea.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Just tap out triads. Pick a string and find for example the A minor triad (A - C - E). Finger the A with your left hand index, hammer-on to the C with your ring finger or pinky and tap the E with your right hand. Move that shape around on the fretboard. Then try double tapping the "E" , then pulling off to the A and hammer the C & repeat. Make up patterns like that and move them all over from string to string, that is a good start.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
OK...I think you better learn what notes are where on your fretboard before you start tackling tapping, as you are kind of passing up beginner and jumping straight to advanced.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
ok my newbie book is telling me that ACE on the low E are at: 5th 8th and 12th frets... these are what I should be practicing right? I prefer the high E and are located on the same frets.
Why do you wan't to try and tap( an advanced technique) when you don't know the notes on the fretboard/What triads are?
Not being a dick,. just out of general curiosity..
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Why do you wan't to try and tap( an advanced technique) when you don't know the notes on the fretboard/What triads are?
Not being a dick,. just out of general curiosity..

because tapping ( to people that dont play guitar ) is teh br00talz.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Lip Gloss And Black Intro ~ Atreyu

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club