Is there anything better than the Orange Crush 30r in the same price range? I kinda wanted a tube amp but some people say this imitates them well. I want something that has really good cleans but can pull off some moderate distortion. I don't really play heavy things like metal.
Thanks.
Try a Vox Valvetronix or a Cube. The Vox would probably be better out of those two though as the cube is more geared towards metal.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dude the Orange Crush is almost as good as a tube amp IMO,it has beautiful cleans(like fender but a bit warmer) and some pretty nice distortion.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
If your buying a practice amp it has to be the micro cube. Absolutely everything you need for under 80 quid. Plus they even do a stereo version with an in built drum machine now.
Quote by JimmehHunter
you suck!

Well now you've made me sad...

I'll look in to the Vox. I don't really know what a combo amp is though. Is it a tube or a solid state or both... Combined!?
Quote by TheEak
Well now you've made me sad...

I'll look in to the Vox. I don't really know what a combo amp is though. Is it a tube or a solid state or both... Combined!?

A combo amp

A head and cab amp (Stack)
As Horlicks as shown, a combo amp is where the amplifier and the speaker are combined, as apposed to the head amp and speaker cabinet stack.

Now what you're confusing that with is hybrid amps, which have either a solid-state preamp and tube poweramp or vice-versa. Most people just think this is a marketing gimmick, and to a certain extent it is, but the Vox is still a good amp anyway.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ