anything out there that will act as if my guitar is detuned, like a pedal or something?
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
There are pedals that lower the sound octaves, not sure about whether you can have it drop a step or 2. Also there is something called a detuner on some bridges but i don't know much about them
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Billy Sheehan has a drop tuner on his bass
Someone plunged a dagger deep into God's chest and
When he groaned it laid our entire civilization to rest
When he pulled out the dagger and marveled at the pain he could create
We stuck another in his back to seal creation's fate
there is a cetain type of tremelo system that allows you to drop d tune your guitar in seconds. I think Eddie Van Halen used it.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
My best suggestions are, Whammy pedal, or octave pedal...there are other things like something roland just came out with, VG something or other they put some thing similar into the VG strat, but the VG strat costs an arm and a leg and this other VG thing (hold on let me find a link.) http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/VG-99/index.html they have cheaper models but they all cost too damn much for me...I don't know about you.
I dont see why people dont just use a tuner like the old faitfull way of doing it instead of relying on some fancy application to your bridge or such.

Drop D is easily accomplished in a few seconds if you just relative tune the E to the D string. Most drop tunings i find i can do without a tuner providing your intonation is perfect you can just work everything out from relative tuning.
Quote by beckyjc
I dont see why people dont just use a tuner like the old faitfull way of doing it instead of relying on some fancy application to your bridge or such.

Drop D is easily accomplished in a few seconds if you just relative tune the E to the D string. Most drop tunings i find i can do without a tuner providing your intonation is perfect you can just work everything out from relative tuning.

ever heard of a floyd rose?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
i was lookin for something to use with my current gear..where i could drop d, or go completely to c tuning,,like with a pedal
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by 1010011010
You can try this Hipshot machine head if you wanna downtune just one string. Syu from Galneryus has one on his new sig ESP. If you don't wanna spend that much, I suggest you just detune the string yourself, though.

thanks but not what im lookin for
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
There are no pedals that would allow you to droptune one string, there are whammy pedals, that can take you down a few steps, but they dont really work great in that way.

You have a few decent guitars, i assume you want this for ease of use at gigging cant you just take a spare with you thats tuned to what you want.

Without getting some load of electronic **** instealled into your guitar ill doubt you can find what you want.
thats what i thought
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
ever heard of a floyd rose?

ever heard of a d-tuna?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
On my korg I managed to create a patch the drops all the strings using the Expression Step Sequencer. It drops them all down in 1 tone steps.
Quote by shredhead22
ever heard of a d-tuna?

The trem needs to be blocked in order to use it.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The trem needs to be blocked in order to use it.

dive only....otherwise EVH has been using it quite impossibly for years. And why would you even need it if the trem was being used as a hardtail?

TS: ever considered a capo?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I heard about a knob out now that all you do is click it out, switch to a tuning, then click it back.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by shredhead22
dive only....otherwise EVH has been using it quite impossibly for years. And why would you even need it if the trem was being used as a hardtail?

TS: ever considered a capo?

i know about all of these things...i wanted some sort of button or pedal to take an e tune signal and make it sound to the tuning of my choice...its not a necessity, just wondering if something exists
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
D-Tuna set-up to dive-only is the only option I know...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The Digitech Whammy Pedal can do that.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
The Digitech Whammy Pedal can do that.

The drop tune mode takes all the strings down a tone, sounds shit, and isn't polyphonic.

It's useless, basically.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I know, It still does it though. I'd probably just set up the floyd rose for drop d, it's not that hard tbh.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by beckyjc

that's right
*e-five!*

it's not that hard to do, just pick the E and D strings, whilst tuning down the E string, untill it goes to D, then you'll hear the same note playing. Simple.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
that's right
*e-five!*

it's not that hard to do, just pick the E and D strings, whilst tuning down the E string, untill it goes to D, then you'll hear the same note playing. Simple.

Not with the Floyd Rose (by itself).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ooooh, sorry 'bout that.

My guess is just get that D-tuna thing that EVH had....
O O

___
Drop tuning electronicly just isnt going to sound as good as doing it the old fashioned way. There are some bridges out there with the dtuna setup for each string. You have to set it up for what ever tunings you want to use. Steinberger has guitars that will change tuning at the bridge. And there is the VG strat, but 1700 is a bit steep. I just have 2 guitars set up for drop tuning and the others for regular tuning. Going from say standard to c# standard usually requires heavier strings and the action adjusted probably the truss rod. Best to stay away from the magic box set up for changing the tuning.
Quote by dzaerpoor
the robot guitar, vg stratocaster and synth pickups can.

I have tried that one out. It works.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Check out the Boss PS-5. It's a pedal and if im not mistaken, you turn a knob, turn it on and it has a range of two octaves higher or lower. But look into it
Pluck the d string and the e string and match the pitches, takes about 3 seconds. Can be done live, at home, and at practice! You can even go back up to standard e by plucking both e strings and again, matching pitches!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Found the bridge I was thinking of looking for something else. The trilogy bridge by hipshot. It only goes on strats and teles tho. Each string has a dtuna set up but with 3 notches so you could set it to have 3 different tunings by flicking the levers. I think its more aimed at open tunings but would probably work for drop tuning. And an interesting side note they have a ready made maple block to fill in the existing tremolo hole on strats to convert to hardtail bridge.
i saw a new Bridge the other day on like the 4th page of the new Guitar World mag. Looked cool. Don't remember the name and didn't recognize it.

Supposedly it lets you drop several Tunings across the entire Bridge.

*goes to find mag*
Get another guitar and leave it in the tuning you want. That's by far the best way of achieving the results you want. If you jump into another song with another tuning, pickup the other guitar.

Pitch shifters, just don't provide the right dynamics for playing in other tunings... They are meant for real time manipulation of pitches in small doses..

Also, I've played through detuners and pitch shifters, and the whole playing dynamic changes... Just doesn't feel right. The way the guitar vibrates versus the frequency of the sound that is produced is just awkward. Not to mention harmonics and other audible properties don't translate well..

Plus, it makes no sense to try to play something in another tuning with a guitar that isn't in that tuning...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Page 23 sorry. Steinberger ZT3 TransTrem. Change from 5 different keys. OUCH.

Division of Gibson?
Web site listed on ad in mag doesn't work? steinberger.com

older stuff - anybody heard of these?
http://www.steinbergerworld.com/Gbridges.htm

experience anyone?
you could just always tune to Drop D and then use a partial capo on the second fret to make d
it standard. Only like 25$
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
yeah, a steinberger transtrem is about 500-1000 bucks, but it will do the job
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master