This is the thread where you can post about what you do at work and if you enjoy it..

I have to work in a kitchen cleaning dishes and brushing etc, but my boss listens to metallica and iron maiden and i get paid so its okay..

How about you?

x
i stack shelves in supermarket in the night near london
my boss is the devil himself
we listen to heart FM
my job sucks
oh well....
orderley, it's not bad
pay is pretty good for a university student
my boss is a crack-up
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I work in a kitchen flipping burgers and s***. Its not too bad, but I'll be glad to move on to something decent.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

never had a job
SOLO STUFF HERE!
www.myspace.com/antioneire

BAND HERE!
www.myspace.com/theprojectire

Quote by element4433
See...this is why we make a plan. You have to know how you're going to masturbate in every situation.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
We're bros, bro. Not 'mos.
I work at Taco Bell.

I have to put up with annoying customers who expect their food 100% right 100% of the time... at a f*cking fast food place...

I've worked with a lot of awesome people and made a ****load of friends there.

In the two years I've worked there, I went from being really shy to pretty talkative...

Its not the most fun job, but we make it fun. So in essence, I guess I like it.

EDIT: I'm the highest hourly paid employee there because im the only one who's always working and i've been there for a long time...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by irnbrurules
Me too.

+1
Quote by PrimalScreamer
Hey TS i just stole your girlfriends wallet and found what seems to be your balls inside.

Gear:
Guitars
Stagg H300 GBK
Framus Nashville
Samick Malibu
Strat/SG Faded Custom
Hopf Acoustic
Hopf Semi Acoustic
Amp
Peavey Deuce Series
I am an intern for a crappy company. I get paid 10 bucks an hour which is okay I guess. My job is the epitome of boredom and tedium. My co-worker/boss/supervisor listens to horrible crappy pop music that I wasn't aware was still being played on the radio. Examples of this: Hey There Delilah, I Feel Like a Woman, amidst other BS. My iPod is dead today too and "Girls just wanna have fun" is on now...*sigh*

I basically package and ship out cardkeys for a security company. Fun.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Jul 11, 2008,
Im getting something like 20p above minmum wage because my boss cba giving me change xD
I work on a farm...what's better than minimum wage and 15 hour days...nothing!!
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Man, I think there are a few threads already like this.

But I'll do it anyways.

I'm a project manager/designer for a fire sprinkler company. Basically I draw stuff on the computer and coordinate people and such.

Yes, I like it.
I was supposed to be selling guitars and other musical instruments but I wasn't allowed to start work
Hate it. **** bosses. **** pay. Bout' it.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I work in a factory producing machine parts. I spend the day working with a cnc-machine, making sure it does it's job without any major trouble, like running out of lubricant or exploding. I have to be careful with the thing, because it is strong enough to rip my arms off without the sensors even noticing anything.
The work is nice, the other guys are nice and the money is okay. 8.50€ per hour, working 7 1/2 hours daily, five days a week. That is... a buttload of money per month and I can pull as many additional shifts as I want. Yay for money!
I work at Blockbuster (its a video rental store)

I get $8.00/hr
I work two days a week
I get 8 free rentals a week
The job is ok.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Im a CAD drafter for a design/build company.

I do drawings for CNC machines mostly. (Quialman knows whats up with that)

The people are all really great here (although with me being 17 most of them are much older than I) and the pay is good!

<3 it
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by RU Experienced?
I am an intern for a crappy company. I get paid 10 bucks an hour which is okay I guess. My job is the epitome of boredom and tedium. My co-worker/boss/supervisor listens to horrible crappy pop music that I wasn't aware was still being played on the radio. Examples of this: Hey There Delilah, I Feel Like a Woman, amidst other BS. My iPod is dead today too and "Girls just wanna have fun" is on now...*sigh*

I basically package and ship out cardkeys for a security company. Fun.

Dude, my boss listens to the same damn station.....

I work at a sandwich shop similar to subway, and its awesome
I work at a design company doing 3d graphics, animation n shiz like that
its okay, least i get to stay on UG and MSN all day
the ppl here are ok-ish, but noone with a half decent taste in music though

My boss has a vintage '59 tele in his office - but he cant even play
Quote by BluesShredUK

My boss has a vintage '59 tele in his office - but he cant even play

Tell him it's worthless, he should have bought the Vintage Squire Tele, but you'd take it off him for a reasonable price.
I currently have no job, which is ****ing great, but I used to work at a parts provider for outdoor power equipment in the internet shipping section. I was a floater, in other words, I would do whatever needed to be done (including help build a warehouse from the ground up). My boss was obsessed with Japan and anime and that ****, he would listen to Japanese pop music ALL ****ING DAY. Have you guys ever been forced to listen to J-Pop? I got to the point where I was considering violence . . .
Quote by Sora 01
Sales assistant at makro

gets so boring at times, few kool people in my work though

Good pay too

Guess its ok

I used to work at the Southampton branch on the electrical department. I hated it.

I currently am bar supervisor at a nightclub. Baspically half the week I have to open the venue up, and make sure the staff are doing what they should be doing. Also, when it comes to any disputes with customers, I usually have to deal with that first.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I work for Microsoft. All I have to do is be the first point of contact for customers. They call, I take their info, and determine the proper department their issue needs to be transferred to. Getting paid eleven bucks an hour to do this is like highway robbery. My coworkers rules. My buddy Jesse is a total trip. He'll just start singing really high pitched oldies. Then he'll start talking about what kind of dump he last took. Yeah, I enjoy my job.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

my job is going to school every day
my boss(teacher) is an absolute arse
i get paid nothing
my classmates are heros
ad i hate the job
Quote by PrimalScreamer
Hey TS i just stole your girlfriends wallet and found what seems to be your balls inside.

Gear:
Guitars
Stagg H300 GBK
Framus Nashville
Samick Malibu
Strat/SG Faded Custom
Hopf Acoustic
Hopf Semi Acoustic
Amp
Peavey Deuce Series
Burger King, for me.

I've never had to work in the kitchen, and I will never have to. I work front line, first window ("The Hole"), and I've yet to work the second window (I've only worked three days), but I don't think I'll like it.

I don't mind it. Front line isn't usually too bad, since the vast majority of our work comes through drive-thru. The only downside to front line is having to close the dining up and whatnot.

It's not hard work. Just lengthy.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Landscaping and wallbuilding. Lifting 100 lb blocks, pulling weeds in really itchy plants, picking up peoples trash, blowing up and picking up cigarettes, mowing grass, trimming and cleaning bushes, picking up sticks and pinecones. In 100 degree weather with no shade, tons of sunburn, tons of cuts and bruises, tons of poison oak and poison ivy, tons of itching, tons of dust and dirt, all for $6 an hour. Rethink when you say your job sucks stocking shelves in a supermarket lol. I wish I could do that.
I'm a waiter in the restaurant of a pretty big theatre in my town.

I'm on £5.75 an hour which is good pay, and it's not too hard. I'm getting the hang of it after a few shifts. There is also a conference centre there though and last week I had to help cater for the North Wales bridge convention (the game, not the structure) which was intensely monotonous.

This is my first proper job and it's alright I suppose.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Im a CAD drafter for a design/build company.

I do drawings for CNC machines mostly. (Quialman knows whats up with that)

The people are all really great here (although with me being 17 most of them are much older than I) and the pay is good!

<3 it

wow there are alot of CAD people in here. im a drafter right now but i quit my job to start with a land surveying company out in the field instead of being inside drawing pictures all day.

i also have a lawn care buisness on the side. iv had it since i was uh 14ish (20 now). i started with one lawn and went up from there. now i have about 15 and it can be a pain sometimes (i wokr 40 hours a week and then have to go mow lawns and cut bushes) but the money is great. and playing guitar is relaxing but for some reason nothing relaxs me more then cutting a nice big lawn.

if you dont have a job but can cut lawns look into finding a few places to mow there lawns. its great money
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
I work as a guide at a museum. Well paid job, my boss is a milf, cool people.
Love it, although I need to finish transcribing my script into english.

Edit: And I have a 10 hour shift tomorrow.
Last edited by -metalhead- at Jul 11, 2008,
im a builder. I dig foundations then pour the concrete then build the walls then roof it then plaster and finish it! so i work from below ground to the top! i get near 7£ an hour and sometimes do 250 hours a month so that is lots money!! plus i get paid to work out!! got muscles since started!! i recomend to any1!! become a builder!!