ok so, the package says "great for drop tuning"... but, what tone do they offer? my friedn uses them on his c-1 plus and im thinking of putting them on my hellraiser when it comes in...i think that they will be good for all the ehavy stuff i play..

and if i get a MIM tele, power slinkys on them for more overall flexibility

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Like yourself, I was lured to the heavier slinkys with the promise of more tone, but at the lower end of the guitar I now have the note clarity of a cat being struck by a combine harvester.

Discuss lol.
ive never heard of those ernie balls before

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
yeah, but i play a lot of chrisitian hardcore like underoath, maylene, tdwp, as i lay dying, a day to remember...would beefys be just the strings for these types?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by JudasTheGuide
Like yourself, I was lured to the heavier slinkys with the promise of more tone, but at the lower end of the guitar I now have the note clarity of a cat being struck by a combine harvester.

Discuss lol.

Is that a good think or a band thing? I cant quite tell...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Does no-one just use 9-42's anymore?

Don't pick strings on what type of music you're playing, pick them for comfort

personally i wouldn't touch beefy slinkys unless i was going down to drop Bb
but then you might be different, just give them a try and see if you like them or not
What gauge are they? I'm not up on EBs.

Basically, if they're above 9s they'll the OK for Drop D, but not really any lower. I play in Drop C with 11s and standard with 9s so...
i use those strings for drop c drop d and standard (i like strings as tight as possible) this is down to personal preference, if they are tighter you get a m,uch better responce from the strings for riffing imo.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by Bowe
Does no-one just use 9-42's anymore?

Don't pick strings on what type of music you're playing, pick them for comfort

I strill rock 9 - 42s I put 10 - 46s on one of my guitars the other day and I dont like the top 3 strings as much, 9s just seem more comfortable to me. I'm more of a man for sticking to lights than sucking at playing the heaviers

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man