i couldnt find them googling or on UG lessons....can someone please give me a link which shows the blues minor pentatonics?

thanks
A Minor Blues Pentatonic

-5-8
-5-8
-5-7-8
-5-7
-5-6-7
-5-8

I want to elaborate futher with regard to intervals, but I have to go now.
hey
just to be anal about it, the minor pentatonic is 1, b3, 4, 5, b7
whereas the blues scale is 1, b3, 4, b5, 5, b7 (the scale that MDC posted)

its basically the minor pent , with the added b5/#4 as a passing note....
+1 to BluesShred. There's a couple of others that you can add in too that enables you to create some cool sounding chromatic lines. Here they are:

Major 3rd (in bold)

-5-8
-5-8
-5-7-8
-5-7
-4-5-6-7
-5-8

...and the bb7 (or sixth, depending on which way you want to look at it)

-5-8
-5-8
-5-7-8
-4-5-7
-4-5-6-7
-5-8
Last edited by mdc at Jul 11, 2008,
^+1
Yeah love adding the maj 3rd and the 6th (which sounds especially good over the IV chord as it acts as the the maj 3rd of the IV)

EDIT: Read somewhere that some people call it the "voodoo blues scale" where you replace the b7 with the 6. Pretty silly imo !
Quote by one vision
It's pretty much a minor pentatonic with an added tritone.

Yeah exactly , I think its better to look at it as starting off with a basic pentatonic, and then adding other notes for colour, rather than another separate scale.
^Yeah. Wierdly, I learned the diatonic scales, THEN the blues scale, THEN the pentatonic. And I realized that it was just a matter of the tritone which barely makes a difference because I usually use it as a passing tone between the 4th and 5th degree. I don't think I've ever used it as an emphasized note.
Quote by mdc
+1 to BluesShred. There's a couple of others that you can add in too that enables you to create some cool sounding chromatic lines. Here they are:

Major 3rd (in bold)

-5-8
-5-8
-5-7-8
-5-7
-4-5-6-7
-5-8

...and the bb7 (or sixth, depending on which way you want to look at it)

-5-8
-5-8
-5-7-8
-4-5-7
-4-5-6-7
-5-8

What you're actually doing is combining the blues pentatonic with the mixolydian scale
What you're actually doing is combining the blues pentatonic with the mixolydian scale

Yep, although I think the TS just wanted to look at the Pentatonic scale with the added notes to get some 'Blueness going down man', rather than a whole new scale as mentioned below.

Yeah exactly , I think its better to look at it as starting off with a basic pentatonic, and then adding other notes for colour, rather than another separate scale.

Another intersting option would be to imply the Dominant Diminished Scale (H-W) to bring out the b9. This has to be done tastefully however, as it's easy to sound 'out'.

Edit: Oh for God sake, how the hell do you get to show the user name in the quote boxes when you want to show more than one quote, sorry, I'm useless at this sort of thing! Post on how to do it in my profile or something, it'll be handy to know for next time. Thx.
Last edited by mdc at Jul 12, 2008,
^
Blibberish
Without the spaces.

Quote by user
See?
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje