Buy this:

RRP is £270 but after a bit of investigation it looks like I can get it for £195 over teh internetz. The plan would be to use it as a gigging guitar that I can throw around a bit (plus cheap replacement parts). Anyone have any experience of squire? Played a couple before and they seemed to be more reliable then most of the other strat copies out there. Thoughts?

Link: http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0325001550
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
the only squier ive played is the affinity strat, and it's not too great
that guitar may look good, but be weary of squiers
Quote by Ed Hunter
http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitars/Electric_Guitars/Limited_&_Collectable_Guitars/p6677.aspx

Save up £270 and get one of these badboys. They rule.

That said, I have no idea what music you're playing.

I should have mentioned that I already have a 'better' guitar (an RG as it happens), I'm looking for some cheap but decent guitar for gigging etc.

And I'm currently playing a mixture of 70s punk, grunge and alternative.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
got good reviews in this months Total Guitar Magazine 4/5 if i remember correctly
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Erm yer theres is nothing wrong with good squiers people just put them down coz the affinity series and coz they're not fender.

Id go for this for what you want it for ive played one and its pretty solid id porbably play the last song of a set live with it coz thats whne its cool to smash things up.
Good luck buddy oh and btw have you tried ebay for a second hand one if your gonna bash it about anyway
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
squires are crap get an LTD instead, much better guitars for the price you pay
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Typical retarted response LTD and ESP are BROOTALZ naive people ^
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...