Ok i'm just back from my local music shop. I just saw a nice looking white Epiphone firebird. It looked exactly like this Now is that a reissue of some kind or what? What are the specs?
I couldn't play it today but i'll be back there tomorrow becouse i really need some new gear. In the short time that i was there i saw some other guitars which i was looking into.

Washburn WI64DL ( it looked stunning, the specs are good too, i will probably buy it if it'll sound nice )
Cort KX1Q ( It should be OK, but it has EMG hz pickups. Damn, i don't even like active EMG's, but the passives? I've heard some bad things about them. )
Ibanez SA 260 FM ( it should give me the versatility that i desire, but i've heard that the non-locking/vintage tremolo can cause some problems. )
And the Epi.

And i wanted to buy a Vox Valvetronix, but they only had the XL version. I've heard that it's muddy and not versatile, so i'll probably look at some other amps...

That's it. They don't have any other guitars that i want in my price range. I'll end up buying the best sounding one, but some opinions would be nice.

Thanks.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Oh man lemme tell u, I bought an epi firebird a couple months ago and it's absolutly amazing. Definately the most versitile guitar I have, it puts my Gibson Sg and Fender mexican strat to shame, I definatly recommend it, u should be able to buy one for around 400, that's what i got mine for on musicians friend
Quote by Gigglebooster
Oh man lemme tell u, I bought an epi firebird a couple months ago and it's absolutly amazing. Definately the most versitile guitar I have, it puts my Gibson Sg and Fender mexican strat to shame, I definatly recommend it, u should be able to buy one for around 400, that's what i got mine for on musicians friend

It'll cost a lil bit more here mate, i live in Europe. Cheers for the comment, i'm hoping that you are right about the versatility.
Quote by stinger12345
about the valvetronix, I think they've stopped making them, at least thats what the guy at my local guitar store told me.
I had to get mine from ebay, bit risky buying an amp without playing it first, but well worth it I love it to bits
Really? You're talking about the regular valvetronix? What a shame if that is true.
Quote by stinger12345
The ones with the cloth instead of the grill were discontinued a while ago, but the others are still available I think.

I can't say much about the guitars except that Epiphone pickups are usually muddy as hell. I haven't tried the firebird with the mini humbuckers (though I've played the one with normal sized humbuckers), but I wouldn't expect too much. But if you swap the pickups, you get one helluva guitar.
The SA guitars I have played so far never had any problems with the tremolo. Granted it won't hold tune as well as a double locking system, but for a sort of vintage style tremolo, it's pretty good.
Thanks for the information, TheQuailman. Mini humbuckers, eh? Let's just hope that they will be atleast ok.
Quote by stinger12345
Hey man id try out a tokai firebird those things are amazing the one i played absolutly beat the pants off of the epi one i played and the gibson, i only didnt buy it coz i was a bit urgh on the weight of the headstock.

Amp wise id save up and if you want the vox tone get an AC30, i have one and its awsomo
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Hey man id try out a tokai firebird those things are amazing the one i played absolutly beat the pants off of the epi one i played and the gibson, i only didnt buy it coz i was a bit urgh on the weight of the headstock.

Amp wise id save up and if you want the vox tone get an AC30, i have one and its awsomo

I would love to try it, but i can't. My local shop doesn't have any Tokai guitars. And for the amp, it's too bloody pricey for me, and i don't have ANY amp atm, so i'll have to get something different now.

Damn, it sucks when you don't have any amp. I just have to play unplugged all the time.

TheQuailman, no problem, i will try them and tell you what i think.
Quote by stinger12345
Well i went with the Washburn WI65DL, it just was the best sounding guitar that i could afford. And tbh i'm really pleased with it, it's great.

About the Epi pickups - they were OK. Nothing spectacular, i wanted more out of them. But the guitar itself is pretty nice.
Quote by stinger12345
Did you pick up an amp? I hope you didn't get a Spider. I somewhat regret getting mine. I should've gotten a Vox.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Yes, i got a vox valvetronix xl. It's pretty muddy, but it's the best amp that was available for the money. It's pretty good for metal and some clean work. But i guess i'll have to tweak with a lil bit to get something more becouse it's a modeling amp.
Quote by stinger12345
Hey, nice you found a guitar that suits you.
And don't worry about the vox, if you invest some time in tweaking the EQ, you can get some amazing sounds out of it.
Thanks! I'll definitely spend more time with it to see what this baby can do!
Quote by stinger12345