I have a buddy that is looking to buy a 5 string bass. I recommended the Fender 5 MIM 5 string, but he doesnt have that much money and he is starting college soon so he just wants something decent to play around with.

He found this one and was wondering if it was good or not.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Millennium-BXP-5-String-Bass-Guitar-104145156-i1146911.gc

Also would changing pick ups or modding this bass in general be hard?

And is it versatile?

Thank you.
hey. i have a peavey bxp 4 string and i love it. its my all around bass. iv had it for years. i got it cheap. i play metal rock blues and jazz (for jazz i use my jazz bass more as of late) but it sounds great. great tone and great feel to the neck IMO. have him play the bass is the only way he can figure out if he likes it.

as for changing the pickups it wont be that hard. it has no pickgaurd so its easy to take the pickups out. i like the stock pickups. id id have to lower them ALOT when i got mine.
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Modding would be easy, but I've been using the AC BXP stock for 4 years now. It's a good solid bass (although the newer ones aren't as good as the older ones I feel- the bodies are made of basswood as opposed to agathis, but to most people that's a moot point). The active version (AC BXP) use the same soapbar pickups as the Cirrus basses, and are very damn good if I do say so myself. I can only therefore assume that the single coil pickups are of similar quality. If that's the case, I don't think that you'd need a pickup upgrade at all.
Quote by TANKER69

see thats the thing. its your opinion.(no offence man. i like the ESP) its so hard to tell som1 else what kind of guitar or bass they should buy. what works for som1 may not work for someone else. the best advice when buying a new guitar is go play AS MANY AS YOU CAN. by looking at pictures u cant tell how a guitar will sound or play.

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Quote by toolfan88
see thats the thing. its your opinion.(no offence man. i like the ESP) its so hard to tell som1 else what kind of guitar or bass they should buy. what works for som1 may not work for someone else. the best advice when buying a new guitar is go play AS MANY AS YOU CAN. by looking at pictures u cant tell how a guitar will sound or play.

Dear god learn how to type... Also if you notice he put, IMO in his post, which means, In My Opinion (unless he added that after)

Best thing I can say is try the bass before you buy it, if that's possible, otherwise I guess this is a safe bet. I have heard good things about this basses.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Peavey's instruments have always been known to be awesome for the price, and just awesome in general for the most part. The customer service is awesome as well. It's best that he tries it, yes, but if your friend does buy it I'm quite sure he won't be disappointed.
Nope, no sig here.
I have this bass in transparent black. Its a pretty good bass to start out on. It was my first bass. My bass isnt modded at all and I think it sounds fine, if your friend wants to mod it , go ahead. One thing I would recommend is change the strings right away, they SUCK.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by ChemicalFire
Dear god learn how to type... Also if you notice he put, IMO in his post, which means, In My Opinion (unless he added that after)

Best thing I can say is try the bass before you buy it, if that's possible, otherwise I guess this is a safe bet. I have heard good things about this basses.

learn to read man because u didnt read my bost. i clearly say its your opinion.

i played a show last night and my bass was so loud. there was a fender in the band befor i played and idk what he was running out of but i couldent here him at all

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass