Just wondered how much better the more expensive hard cases are than the cheaper ones?

I know thats rather vague, but i can't think of another way to put it or how to put it in more detail.
most of the cheaper ones seem to be semi hard cases, which only protects against minor bumps. If you have a nice guitar go for a more expensive case made of hard plastic so you can use it for travel and be confident
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I thought some protected the guitar against humidity and all.
But I dunno actually.
I'd just choose a case that would be able to protect the guitar from inattentive ****s who might just knock it or drop stuff on it.
I had a cheap hardcase that came with my Washburn and it was complete garbage. 3 of the latches broke off within the first 2 days and I had to carry it around with duct tape until I could by a gig bag. Dont skimp on the hardcase!
You wanna be spending at least about £50 ($100) on one. That will get you one that will protect it from dropping and idiots. But your gonna need a realy expensive one for airline travel
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Can you provide an example of one that would be suitable for airline travel?

I brought my first acoustic from Amman, Jordan all the way to Texas in nothing but a soft gig bag. It made it somehow, although some jackass security guy almost dropped it...I have no idea how that worked honestly.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Here is an example of an extreme case:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/CGC1.htm
For this price it better survive a nuclear blast.

And here is a more reasonable case:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/GCEV.htm

Most of the average hard shell cases out there are gonna all offer about the same degree of protection.

And to blu flame: The first time I flew with my guitar, all I had was a gigbag and it all worked out fine. Now I know better.

Sometimes people who take all the precautions in the world end up with broken guitars, while people who are careless don't even get a scratch. But, still, it's better to be on the safe side.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Just wondered how much better the more expensive hard cases are than the cheaper ones?

Are you comparing an expensive hardcase to a cheap hardcase or a hardcase to a softcase?
I believe he's comparing the really really flimsy hard cases with no padding to the standard vinyl exterior padded plywood hard shell cases.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah i was wondering about cheaper hardcases compared to more expensive hardcases, not softcases.
The guitar itself will only be used for gigging and that so no need for one suitable to be a flightcase or anything, but i'll have a look around, cheers.
any regular hard case with a plush lining should be right for your purposes.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.