Hi folks

I'll go on a road trip thru Europe in a few weeks and i'll probably reach Spain (don't know exact route and cities yet). I'm thinking of buying a classical guitar there.

So.. any advice (brands.. anything) ? around 500$ budget pls, i ain't no pro. I assume i can find something decent in that price range.

Thank you.
Quote by Gadjo
Hi folks

I'll go on a road trip thru Europe in a few weeks and i'll probably reach Spain (don't know exact route and cities yet). I'm thinking of buying a classical guitar there.

So.. any advice (brands.. anything) ? around 500$ budget pls, i ain't no pro. I assume i can find something decent in that price range.

Thank you.

I just picked up my first high end classical, made by Esteve. From their US importers website...

"Esteve Guitars (Guitarras Francisco Esteve, S.A.) are built in Alboraya, Spain a Mediterranean town outside of Valencia."

"Established in 1957 by Francisco Esteve, Manuel Adalid Sr., and Antonio Monfort, the Esteve workshop currently employs 50 artesans who handmake guitars, laudes, bandurrias, and mandolins. Since its inception the Esteve workshop has followed traditional construction methods. All of their guitars are handmade by the Spanish method which includes an integrated neck-body construction and fan bracing. The attention to quality shows in all of their models from their student guitars through their deluxe concert classicals. For many years, Esteve guitars have won awards for their beauty and sound. In 1999, once again they were awarded the Premio a la Artesanía (Artisan's Prize) in Valencia, a city with many excellent guitarmakers."

They have guitars ranging from $500-$5000+ I'm sure you could find something you'd love there.

Of course there will be many many options for you to choose from, this is just a suggestion from personal experience.

-James