Hi these guys are one of my new favourite bands and i couldnt find a thread that worships them so i thought id start one for like minded people.
They are essentially a new zelandish comedy duo but i love their music and i prefer them to Tenacious D musically and find their songs funnier

http://www.myspace.com/conchords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJ5a6aJOb8 - Ladies of the world video

My Fav song is think about it closely followd by ladies of the world and the most beautiful lady in the room

These guys just do it for the lulz
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
I love the Conchords. My favourtie song would probably have to be "Cheer up Murray" or "Inner City Pressure". I love "Jenny" too. I can't decide on a favourite.

They're very musically talented, and hilarious. They're quite alot like Bill Bailey actually.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
the only song of theirs that i have heard is jenny and it was hilarious
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
You're hot enough to be a part-time model!

That line reminds me of almost every female in the resturant i work at.
Quote by uhh_me?
am i the only one that doesn't find them funny at all?

Not everybody gets the humour, but personally I think the show is some of the best comedy I've seen in recent years. It's hilarious.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by uhh_me?
am i the only one that doesn't find them funny at all?

From the few bits I've seen I kind of agree. Haven't seen anything that really got me laughing like a madman.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I don't think they're rolling on the floor funny, but they have some clever jokes. Anyways, I love FOTC.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
This thread reminded me that I need to return their cd to the girl I borrowed it from.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Andrewbiles
From the few bits I've seen I kind of agree. Haven't seen anything that really got me laughing like a madman.

It's definitely an acquired taste. It's a different type of humour that Americans are used so I was really surprised that it took off in the states. I normally end up in hysterics while watching the show.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
it's hard to explain their humor and everyone takes it different. but its subtle and i personally think its ****ing amazing and hilarious. love the show and songs both

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
I love them. My stepdad went to school with Bret (although he was a few years older than him). Unfortunately, giving someone detentions for being late doesn't endear you to them in future when you want a free CD.
I love Flight of the Conchords. Unfortunately I don't get HBO so I have to rely on CD's and youtube videos.
their awesome and yea.. i relied on the series too which i dont have anymore which is lame
"My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment
I made all the lady listeners pregnant
Yeah that's right, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
But you lovely bitches know, should know I'm trying to correct this"

FotC are the shizzzzz
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Im not really into them when they just play songs on a stage but I LOVE the show. The show and their music fit perfectly together.
Robots is funniest song. I don't find the songs that funny. The show is pretty good.

Prince of Parties is another favorite of mine. Awesome band.

has no signature.
Does anyone else not only think they're funny, but respect them as musicians? i love so many genres that it's amazing that they can mix alternative/indie with hip-hip (mutha'uckas and rhymenocerous vs. hiphopapotomus)

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.