im getting new tubes for my amp and dougs tubes told me to get Tung-Sol reissue in V1, then Chinese 12AX7's the rest of the way. what is the v1? and where is that in the amp? is it labeled in the amp? y does the tube have to be different for the v1? why not use the same tubes all the way through?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
where is the v1 spot in the amp? is it labelled?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
isnt in the same place in all amps?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Looking at the back of the amp, V1 is the tube on the far right. V2 is the next one, and so on.
Be careful with Tung-sol tubes in high-gain amps. V1 is fine, but Tung-sols tend to fail when used in cathode follower stages. The tubes after V1 aren't as critical in high-gain amps as they are in lower gain amps, so that's why Doug suggested the Chinese tubes for the rest of the preamp.
Quote by kazra90
isnt in the same place in all amps?

Nope, it's not really a perfect world.

V1 is usually the one closest to the Input(where you plug in your guitar cable). But, I'd also agree with the suggestions, look online or in your house for you manual.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦