Yesterday, i posted a thread asking for suggestions on guitars to try out, posting a short list of guitars i'd considered already. Since no one read the full post and suggested which guitar i should pick instead of more guitars which would suit my needs, im posting a new thread.

So, anyway, I want to play stuff like Jimmy Eat World as well as stuff like Arctic Monkeys and The Wombats. Can you suggest some guitars I could try as I'd like a variety just in case i dislike the ones i already have in mind. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to include budget. £600 at most, current gear gibson sg special and laney vc15. Im selling the SG as the neck is too chunky for me as i have small hands.
Last edited by doubtfull at Jul 11, 2008,
I would say a Les Paul, a HSS strat, or a tele. personally i would go with the les paul
Quote by la894
I would say a Les Paul, a HSS strat, or a tele. personally i would go with the les paul

Gibson les paul? Epiphone? Which model?
epiphone les paul custom? £335 from www.gak.co.uk (rrp £630) you can use the leftove cash for a better amp.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
epiphone les paul custom? £335 from www.gak.co.uk (rrp £630) you can use the leftove cash for a better amp.

What's wrong with my amp?
I think a strat is probably better than a les paul for the music you want to play. Sure you can play jimmy eat world on a les paul, but on a strat the wombats and the arctic monkeys will sound much better because of the option of a single coil pickup and because strats are more versatile imo. I think if you could get a les paul with a coil tap or something then you could go for that.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by doubtfull
What's wrong with my amp?

iv never heard it so i cant say theres anything wrong with it but with the leftover cash you could get a Peavey Valveking or Roland Cube 60 which are totally awesome amps and will make your sound much better than buying a new guitar.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
iv never heard it so i cant say theres anything wrong with it but with the leftover cash you could get a Peavey Valveking or Roland Cube 60 which are totally awesome amps and will make your sound much better than buying a new guitar.

Why would i want a cube 60 when the vc15 is a tube combo and the cube is made usually for metal players? And i don't mean to sound rude but don't suggest new amps to me when you've never heard my amp.
out of the 3 amps mentioned in this thread: Valvking = 1st your laney = 2nd roland cube = 3rd (taking into accoun the style of music you want to play of course)
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by doubtfull
Why would i want a cube 60 when the vc15 is a tube combo and the cube is made usually for metal players? And i don't mean to sound rude but don't suggest new amps to me when you've never heard my amp.

get the valveking then......
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
^ The Laney VC15 is easily better than a Valveking especially for the music he plays. Don't make suggestions if your just mindlessly regurgitating things you've heard other people say.
Quote by nikhil101
out of the 3 amps mentioned in this thread: Valvking = 1st your laney = 2nd roland cube = 3rd (taking into accoun the style of music you want to play of course)

The valveking first? really? I always thought it was a "ill buy it, but ill mod it after" kinda amp. Anyways I like my VC15 and think its fine for the music i play and i only got it 2 months ago. It's not that i dont like my current sound, i just dont like the feel of my current guitar.
Quote by mrbungle50221
get the valveking then......

I don't want a new amp. Mine is awesome and I only got it 2 months ago.

Quote by T!AN
^ The Laney VC15 is easily better than a Valveking especially for the music he plys. Don't make suggestions if your just mindlessly regurgitating things you've heard other people said.

Thank you.
Quote by T!AN
^ The Laney VC15 is easily better than a Valveking especially for the music he plys. Don't make suggestions if your just mindlessly regurgitating things you've heard other people said.

im not, i have valveking and its amazing. so get you head out of your arse
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
^ Well my apologies for that comment, but that doesn't change the fact you gave a bad suggestion.
Quote by mrbungle50221
im not, i have valveking and its amazing. so get you head out of your arse

Yes but by the look of your sig, you play trivium, no?
Quote by doubtfull
Yes but by the look of your sig, you play trivium, no?

yes and various other things, of a clean nature The Who etc and the Valveking is very versatile, is the VC 15 a 15 watt amp? cos the valveking is 50 or 100 depending on the one you get so it would have more power if you start gigging.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221
yes and various other things, of a clean nature The Who etc and the Valveking is very versatile, is the VC 15 a 15 watt amp? cos the valveking is 50 or 100 depending on the one you get so it would have more power if you start gigging.

Ahhh okay. Even if i did start gigging (which i don't think i will since everyone round here are the worst guitar players ever) i could always mic it i suppose. The VC15 is very versatile, too.
Quote by doubtfull
Ahhh okay. Even if i did start gigging (which i don't think i will since everyone round here are the worst guitar players ever) i could always mic it i suppose. The VC15 is very versatile, too.

well you could just save the £300 for something else then or maybe a fender Jazzmaster? i like them and i usually hate Fenders so that sais something!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221
well you could just save the £300 for something else then or maybe a fender Jazzmaster? i like them and i usually hate Fenders so that sais something!

You're a metalhead, of course you hate Fenders. But how about this... buy a £600 guitar? Dude, unless you're gonna be helpful, GTFO.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
You're a metalhead, of course you hate Fenders. But how about this... buy a £600 guitar? Dude, unless you're gonna be helpful, GTFO.

i am being helpful the rrp of an Epi LP is £630 i pointed out that he could get one for £335 off the internet.... i also said i liek the jazzmaster, you really need to pay attention instead of being an ignorant dick
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Any more suggestions?

Also, what are the necks like on epiphone les pauls in terms of thickness? I've also heard epiphones dont stay in tune too well which is one of my big annoyances about guitars.
Last edited by doubtfull at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by doubtfull
Any more suggestions?

Also, what are the necks like on epiphone les pauls in terms of thickness? I've also heard epiphones dont stay in tune too well which is one of my big annoyances about guitars.

Epiphone necks vary, but you can compare Standard and Custom necks to Gibson's '60s profile necks, not too thick, not too thin. As far as staying in tune, that also varies greatly from model to model. Someone I know use to have a black LP Custom with grovers and everything, and even that had some trouble. But I'm not sure.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Epiphone necks vary, but you can compare Standard and Custom necks to Gibson's '60s profile necks, not too thick, not too thin. As far as staying in tune, that also varies greatly from model to model. Someone I know use to have a black LP Custom with grovers and everything, and even that had some trouble. But I'm not sure.

Oh okay, thanks. What do y'all think of the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe? Im going to try it out soon since ive heard good things and i like the look. Would it be a good choice?