Ok hi all, I am a huge fan of buckethead and i was just wondering waht techniques should i learn to be able to emulate his playing, thanks in advance.

Aidan.
Quote by Nazo64
Finger Nubbing. But it's really ****ing hard.

What is that?
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Last edited by Toms' anominous at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by Toms' anominous
What is that?

It's like tapping but you use more then one finger on your right hand and it's pretty much just a hammer on with right hand and pull off then hammer on again with another finger.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
Quote by bass wizard
Ok hi all, I am a huge fan of buckethead and i was just wondering waht techniques should i learn to be able to emulate his playing, thanks in advance.

Aidan.

Learn everything you can then learn his music and try to figure out how he comes up with his licks. He makes good use of just about every technique you care to think of so get that metronome out and get workin'!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by The*Music*Man
killswitch usage (or even having one)

sorry if this is noobish, but what exactly is a killswitch?
multi finger tapping, alternate picking, hybrid picking, using weird sounding scales (whole tone and such) and chords (augmented comes to mind).

He has a youtube lesson where he does all sorts of demonstrations.
Quote by beadhangingOne
multi finger tapping, alternate picking, hybrid picking, using weird sounding scales (whole tone and such) and chords (augmented comes to mind).

He has a youtube lesson where he does all sorts of demonstrations.

I believe this is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaCErlW-3p8

There's an unedited version where Herbie gives a very insightful interview in between the demonstrations.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
hes really good at legato (which is used with the killswitch)
Last edited by bobsyc at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn everything you can then learn his music and try to figure out how he comes up with his licks. He makes good use of just about every technique you care to think of so get that metronome out and get workin'!

I'm just going to quote myself right about now because this is the only real way of learning to sound like Buckethead.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Play like Buckethead you say?

First say good byeto all your friends cause your not gonna see them for a long time. Get about every single book on theory there is and learn everything in them.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Nazo64
Finger Nubbing. But it's really ****ing hard.

it's not that hard. maybe if you do it insanely fast across multiple strings.
He uses pretty much all standard shred techniques. He's just very... creative with them.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by ouchies
Wear a bucket on your head

Of course! Without the bucket, you wouldn't have the souls of millions of dead chickens coming out of your fingers!
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR