On the song Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones, the chord progression is C#, B, A, E. I'm having difficulty choosing which form of the C# chord to use. I've tried using the normal C moved up a half-step on the neck, I've also tried using the C7 and moving it up a half-step. I've even tried using the A chord and moving it up 1 1/2 steps. I'm just having difficulty deciding which one sounds the best for this form.

Greatly appreciate it,
-SoCalDirtDragon

(p.s. I use the A chord for both the A and the B and I use the normal E.)
SoCalDirtDragon
Just barre an A form at the fourth.

EDIT: my bad, I'm not thinking
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Last edited by firebreath07 at Jul 11, 2008,
But the problem that I find by using the barred A is that the sound becomes to similar. Music always sounds more interesting if you can use different forms of the same chord. For example, when others play the G chord I usually find myself playing the E9/E7 barred on the 3rd fret.
SoCalDirtDragon
Quote by SoCalDirtDragon
But the problem that I find by using the barred A is that the sound becomes to similar. Music always sounds more interesting if you can use different forms of the same chord. For example, when others play the G chord I usually find myself playing the E9/E7 barred on the 3rd fret.

Well, some of the voicings may not be correct or in key. Besides, a dominant 7th as you said you tried before doesn't go along very well with the overall feel of Gimme Shelter.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by SoCalDirtDragon

but then its not just c#