Hey
Do these amps still cut out? I've just ordered one, but I've read tonnes of reviews about the left speaker cutting out. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, how have you sorted it out? I just wanna know in case mine dies on me.
Thanks
Not as bad as an MG or a Toneblaster... but you really shouldn't bother with a practice amp that big.
the version of the valvetronix in question is only available as a 60 and 120 watt version. Its not a practice amp. Id say its on par with the line 6 flextone. Its quite a high-end modeller with more models and effects, it also has distortion pedal modelling, its not at all like the 15/30/50/100 watt cheaper valvetronix amps.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
if it's the one i'm thinking Blompcube is referring to then yea, that one is VERY versatile! all the different stomp box models were pretty ingenious. and good sound quality.

if it's a regular ADVT series then it's gonna sound good, but not absolutely mind blowing. it's better than most SS half sacks or combos in versatility+tone, but still SS....and people don't buy valvetronixes for headroom....but you should like the sound.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Sorry for the late reply. And thanks for your replies
I'll be using it for band practice and gigs. I'm mainly worried about the cutting out problems that I've heard about. And if mine turns out to have the problem too, how others have fixed it.
I'm actually getting this problem frequently with my AD120..

Also interested to know if there is a solution to it. o.o
Yo Homes, To Belair