Page 1 of 2
i've read two so far. i've read "the stranger" by albert camus and "the old man and the sea" by ernest hemingway. i'm about 2/3 of the way done with "island" by aldous huxley.

so what about you all? anyone else here read?
Zero

Books are homo!

I just can't stay interested in books for long enough to finish them, the Opie and Anthony show takes up my day instead
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I'm about 1/8 of the way through Slash.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Other Voices Other Rooms - Truman Capote
Truman Capote: A biography - George Plimpton
The Sound and The Fury - William Faulkner
All The Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy
The Stranger - Albert Camus

So, six.

Up next:

Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
I read a book called 'Junk' by Melvin Burgess. It's about a load of teenagers squatting in the middle of Bristol and getting hooked on heroin. Its kickass.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Up next:

Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad

Possibly the worst book I have ever read.

I have read five books this summer, which is rather depressing. I usually read much more over the summer but I have been very busy.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
10 or so, including the Communist Manifesto! BTW, it's a very very very long winded book.
I've read "Jurassic Park" by Micheal Crichton.

Also, the stranger kicks ass.
I have read none. I have started reading some Stephen King. It's a collection a four books he wrote as Bachman.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Oh yeah, Daytripper, how was The Old Man and the Sea? I want to read some Hemingway.

it was alright. it's only 120 pages so i read it in like 2 days. the book has a lot of "fishing" lingo that i didn't know, but it's not too bad.
liek a hundred! lol, i'm very into reading.. i liek the stephen king books like DARK TOWER and dean cunts is very gud as well.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Possibly the worst book I have ever read.

I have read five books this summer, which is rather depressing. I usually read much more over the summer but I have been very busy.

I'll read it and judge for myself.

The fact that you like Ayn Rand, Dan Brown, and George Orwell (never liked 'em, hate 'em actually) leads me to not trust your tastes.
i have the attention span of a gold fish
so 0
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I'm still trying to finish "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway.

This thread has inspired me to read more. Reading is great, relaxing, enjoyable, good for you, I could go on.

I should really aim to read for about an hour a day.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I read Scar Tissue (Anthony Kiedis' biography) which was sort of interesting. It wasn't a great book honestly, I'd say 70 percent of it is just talking about him and his dependence on drugs. I read that early on in the summer, haven't touched a book since then. I've been too lazy to go to the library which is weird because I really don't have much else to do now.
Quote by DayTripper1967
it was alright. it's only 120 pages so i read it in like 2 days. the book has a lot of "fishing" lingo that i didn't know, but it's not too bad.

Thanks.
Quote by af_the_fragile
i've started on 2. The House of Leaves and Diary by Chuk Phalahunk. Didn't finish either...

What is wrong with you! Finish House of Leaves!!!!

Forget the Chuck Palahnuik. He's boring after the first book.
So far, I've read these two:
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Other Voices Other Rooms - Truman Capote
Truman Capote: A biography - George Plimpton
The Sound and The Fury - William Faulkner
All The Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy
The Stranger - Albert Camus

as well as...

The Plague - Albert Camus
Tender Is The Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Finnegans Wake - James Joyce
The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Our Band Could Be Your Life - Michael Azerrad
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick

It may seem like a lot, but I basically finished school on the 2nd of June.

BTW, Dorkus, "A Farewell To Arms" is probably the best place to start with Hemingway. It's one of my favourite books. "The Old Man and the Sea" is good though.
lets see...
one flew over the cuckoos nest -ken kesey
the desert rose -larry mcmurtry
the late child -larry mcmurtry
the last picture show-larry mcmurtry
texasville-larry mcmurtry
some can whistle-larry mcmurtry
the virgin suicides- Jeffrey Eugenides
the perks of being a wall flower -stephen chbosky

and i just started reading graps of wrath -john steinbeck
:]
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
So far, I've read these two:

as well as...

The Plague - Albert Camus
Tender Is The Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Finnegans Wake - James Joyce
The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Our Band Could Be Your Life - Michael Azerrad
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick

It may seem like a lot, but I basically finished school on the 2nd of June.

BTW, Dorkus, "A Farewell To Arms" is probably the best place to start with Hemingway. It's one of my favourite books. "The Old Man and the Sea" is good though.

Oh, thanks!

I saw the movie The Virgin Suicides a few years ago. And then I found out it was a book. I never want to read the original book version of a movie I've already seen. Can't really explain it. And I'm stubborn on it too.

And it is amazing how many people here simply write the number of books they've read. Correct me if I'm wrong, Daytripper, but wasn't the point to discuss the books we've read, not the actual number of them?
i wasn't aware books existed in the summer.

on a serious note, none, but i play on reading the heroin diaries, by nikki sixx.
I read Old Man and the Sea before school got out. Fantastic book. I've been a pretty preoccupied this summer and haven't finished a single book. I told myself I was going to read Ayn Rand's 1000 page Atlas Shrugged but that hasn't happened. Once I got a girlfriend my time went out the window. Not that I'm complaining.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
About half of Scar Tissue, but thats only because I'm on vacation right now and the drives are awful if I have nothing to do. I don't plan on reading any more
I read The Stranger by Camus, and I'm currently reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. I usually read a lot more, but I've been oddly lazy this summer.
2.. need to keep my brain juices pumpin!
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
I'm an extremely slow reader, I love reading, but I can only get through a few a year, I can't go by just this summer, but this year Ive read 1984, Brave New World, Bill Hicks: Letters, Lyrics and Routines; Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution, Empire of the Sun and I'm in the midst of Catch-22.

But I read like a bitch on holiday, I'll probably get through a couple in France.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I finally finished school today so I'll have loads of time to read.

I just bought Catch-22 by Joseph Heller after reading the first few chapters in the school library so I'll be getting into that one. Also I'm re-reading Lolita by Nabokov and the Harry Potter series just for nostalgia.

Also I have a couple of Pratchett's Discworld series from a few months ago I haven't got round to reading yet. I'll probably get them done and then I want to start reading a few more classics, the one at the top of my list t the moment is Crime & Punishment by Dostoevsky.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
I read a book on Morrissey for english class which pretty much went right till our exams. Great book, I gotta find more to read though.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Page 1 of 2