Can you pry the fingerboard off a stock guitar neck and replace it with say a custom ebony fretboard with custom inlays from a company like Warmoth?
"After all the practical reason why a majority are permitted to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest." -Henry David Thoreau
you could go the cheaper and quicker way by buying inlay vinyls off ebay and stick them on the fretboard but i think i heard of what your talking about somewhere before...can't remember for the life of me though sorry
Testament, Kreator, Vio-lence, Exodus

Thrash Metal
Yeah I saw those vynil inlays but...I have Ibanez RG Lightening inlays. So it's not like I can put inlays right over a couple of little dots. I mean the Lightening inlays are kewl but....I need skull and bone inlays to make the 13th skull on my guitar!
"After all the practical reason why a majority are permitted to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest." -Henry David Thoreau
Its quite a bit of work to get the fret board off a neck. Theres a reason inlay work is expensive.