i tried asking this in the gaming thread, but no one answered my question , so please don't kill me

can you buy Battlefield Vietnam for Mac (i have a Mac OS X 10.5.3)?
if not, do you need the original (just 1942) in order to play Secret Weapons of WWII? (i'd rather not buy both)
i'd like to get a battlefield game (not 2142, though) but games for macs are kinda hard to find sadly.

p.s. if someone did answer my question in the gaming thread and i just missed it, i apologize ahead of time.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

I don't really know what you're talking about, but if it's an expansion pack then yes, you have to buy the original.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I'm not sure. But I know that if you get the right chipset put into your mac, you can run Windows XP on it. Some guy had his set up that way, it was cool.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm not sure. But I know that if you get the right chipset put into your mac, you can run Windows XP on it. Some guy had his set up that way, it was cool.

you need an intel based processor
Dick+strings= owww
I had some great times with vietnam. But Instead of finding it for the mac. Just install bootcamp for your mac. It'll run windows on a mac, better than half of the pc's run themselves.
Mac: Oh hey windows, what's up?
Windows: Just playing.
Mac; Oh, what game?
Windows: All games.
at metalhead

Quote by hawk5211
battleflield vietnam is crap. Don't waste your money.

Yes you need 1942 in order to play secret weapons because it is an expansion pack.

k, thanks

Quote by ZeBubba!
I had some great times with vietnam. But Instead of finding it for the mac. Just install bootcamp for your mac. It'll run windows on a mac, better than half of the pc's run themselves.

how much does bootcamp cost?
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

it seems you have to have Leopard to use Boot Camp. on apple.com (i used teh searchbar) it says Boot Camp comes with Leopard.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1656
Quote by slashNpage77

It comes with OS X. You just need to get Windows. I think XP Home Edition is about $85 if you want to go the cheapest route. Or you can "obtain" it.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by slashNpage77

about 1 torrent or 1 warez depending where you go to purchase your product
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Masonpwiley
It comes with OS X. You just need to get Windows. I think XP Home Edition is about $85 if you want to go the cheapest route. Or you can "obtain" it.

crap, so i can't just install the game, i have to buy windows first?? (i would like to keep this legal, lol).

Quote by rasveer
about 1 torrent or 1 warez depending where you go to purchase your product

i'm confused now

Quote by slashNpage77
crap, so i can't just install the game, i have to buy windows first?? (i would like to keep this legal, lol).

Yep, you have to get windows. The only legal way of doing that is to buy it.

i'm confused now

He's suggesting that you torrent it.
haha, sorry i don't know teh interwebz language. but oh well, i'll just buy the original. anyways, i hear it was a great game, so w/e

hmmmm, wait a minute, now that i think about it i do have windows powerpoint, word, excel, and whatnot on my comp. does that mean i can install other windows programs on, too (ie games)? or were those programs redesigned for macs or something so they could be put on?