hey. i found a good deal on a mesa boogie dc-3 and i'm wondering whether it is a good amp. i play mostly metal but sometimes i like to play like hard rock and metalcore as well. i hear it is a good amp because you can make any sound with all of the knobs and the eq on it. please tell me about the specs of the amp and whether you think it's a good practice/gigging amp. thanks.

EDIT: ALRIGHT! i tired it out and fell in love. the cleans are freakin amazing. like, perfect cleans. some of you might not like it. When you put the gain a little high it kinda overdrives, but i love that.
Okay, about the distortion channel, i'm wondering how i can scoops the mids more. i put the mid knob to 0, treble to 10, bass to 8, presence to 7, and i put classic v into the eq. is there any way to screw with the eq to get a "scoop the mids" tone, kinda like Alexi's or at least a little less mids than i have currently. This amp is real middy. but it's good
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 12, 2008,
BUY IT!!!!!! mesa boogies are the best sounding amps ive ever played on and they create insane metal tones.
Quote by dickhaus
BUY IT!!!!!! mesa boogies are the best sounding amps ive ever played on and they create insane metal tones.

yeah imma go for it. haha. forget the dsl401?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
DC-3 > DSL401 by a mile imo.

I never tried the cleans on the DC's but I'd imagine they're pretty good if it's anything like the F series. Gain is more aggressive than the F series and should easily be able to get a good metal tone out of it, especially with the graphic EQ.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com