Poll: MIM Strat or MIM Tele?
Poll Options
View poll results: MIM Strat or MIM Tele?
MIM Strat
19 37%
MIM Tele
33 63%
Voters: 52.
I'm getting ready to upgrade to a Fender guitar, but I'm unsure which one to buy. I've always loved Teles since I saw Jonny Greenwood play, but the band I'm in plays a bunch of RHCP, and I can get PERFECT Frusciante tones with my Strat knock-off. Personally I'd rather have a Tele, but I don't know if it can pull of RHCP type tones. Can someone help me out here??!?!??
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
I'm getting ready to upgrade to a Fender guitar, but I'm unsure which one to buy. I've always loved Teles since I saw Jonny Greenwood play, but the band I'm in plays a bunch of RHCP, and I can get PERFECT Frusciante tones with my Strat knock-off. Personally I'd rather have a Tele, but I don't know if it can pull of RHCP type tones. Can someone help me out here??!?!??

This answers your question. A Tele can pull off RHCP quite easily, though.
john frusciante plays teles too jst not as much as he plays his strat, but w/ the right gear you could pull off watever you want
i think telecasters sound better playing rchp then strats... i have both MIM strat and a MIM telecaster... i like the telecaster better.. the strat is more warm sounding .. it isnt as treble ended and twangy as a telecaster sounds. the strat, i think, has prettier cleans then any guitar.. good for strumming chords... but i prefer the tele for leads.. but what do i know. try one out for yourself.
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jul 11, 2008,
Tele anyday coz you like the tele and youll like the tele forever but you might not be in that band forever and wish you had got the tele
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
i think teles have more to offer. they can handle good tones for many different styles. and it would seem to me that they could do most RHCP songs.
A Tele will do RHCP pretty well AND you like it better and want it more.

Tele all the way. Almost wish I'd bought instead of my Strat.
Go for the Tele, if that's what you really want.

I'm more of a strat guy, but teles are really cool
go with the tele. i was thinking about getting either a strat or a tele also but i wanted a tele first so thats what im getting and thtats what u should also get. dont get a guitar just because some1 in a band u like plays one.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Just go to GC and try both of them out I mean I like Teles better but you might like strats. Just take your own review rather than all of ours.
if you like teles better, get the tele, but a strat would be preferable for RHCP, imo. EDIT: not to say the tele won't do it, just the strat will do it better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you like teles better, get the tele, but a strat would be preferable for RHCP, imo. EDIT: not to say the tele won't do it, just the strat will do it better.

Hmm, could it be argued that an MIM Tele would do RHCP better than his Jay Turser either way? Since he's happy with that RHCP tone, I think the Tele could only do better.
If you watch the Live At Slane DVD(RHCP), you'll see that Frusciante uses a Tele on as many or more songs than he uses his Strat, IIRC. If you want a Tele, get a damn Tele.

...But the Strat is God's gift to guitar players.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Quote by TheProducer
Hmm, could it be argued that an MIM Tele would do RHCP better than his Jay Turser either way? Since he's happy with that RHCP tone, I think the Tele could only do better.

i should have read the first post better...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i should have read the first post better...

Yeah,

Wasn't disagreeing with you at all though man. It was just a thought. An MIM Tele has got to pull off some superior (equivalent at the very least) RHCP tones, so I don't think there is much of a risk.

GET THE TELE!!!!
i still say a strat will do it better... just he already has a strat which he likes the tone of.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I say get a tele, but what MIM are you thinking of? I have the Baja tele(MIM) and it's great
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Dave_Mc

Agreed, I have played both and i prefer teles, but why is the RHCP tone so important? You could get more of your own tone to take your own slant on the RHCP songs
Manchester United
telecasters rule
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Get a Baja tele. Im not a big fender fan, but THESE are awesome. Good price, AND it plays as good as an American tele.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl