Peavey ValveKing

or

Crate FW120

I have a spider III 15 watt and I it. I cant even hear any fcking palm muting!

By the way I listen to classic rock and a little bit of metal. The Beatles, Guns n roses, Metallica, etc.

Oh and does the Peavey come with a foot switch pedal or do you have to buy one?
I think you'd get a better sound out of the valveking because its.. TUBE...

lol @ crates
valveking
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Most of these people are just saying the valveking because it's tubed, but it's probably the cheapest 50w tube amp you can get, I don't really like mine at all.

On the other hand, I've heard great things about flexwaves. Haven't played one.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The Flexwave stuff they use in Crate amp's is fairly good.
I'd take it over a Valveking, they're god awful compared to the majority of amp's out there.

In fact, I'd say the Valveking is worse that the Spider III, people bash it cause they can't use the thing or they jump on a bandwagon with what other people say.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I'd take it over a Valveking, they're god awful compared to the majority of amp's out there.

In fact, I'd say the Valveking is worse that the Spider III, people bash it cause they can't use the thing or they jump on a bandwagon with what other people say.

Thank you. I own a valveking and it's been in the shop 3 times with over $75 of repairs. It's finally fixed and I can't wait to get rid of it on eBay.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Before I got my 3 old JCM800's (2 single channels & a 2 channel) & my Rack-setup, I wanted a Valveking & thought it sounded good, but jumped at the fact I could get my first JCM800 in great condtion for £300! Honestly never got a better bargain.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re

Its a prefrence thing and it doesnt help the VK has alot of quirks about it you have to figure out how to make it sound decent. I've owned the thing for 6 months now and just now got a sound out of it i like lol. But once you hit the sweet spot its a nice amp. The flexwave is a good practice amp but thats as far as i would take it.

Ohh and side note, hit up used amps theres alot better options out there then a VK and Flexwave.... Also the VK will take some modding and pedals to get a decent tone out of it depending on the music you play.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 11, 2008,
Do you have a total budget?
Can you buy used - like off Craigslist?
Do you gig?
How often do you play Metallica or heavier?

VK ain't bad - but needs breaking in, time to tweak, possible upgrades later. My guess is that for most people playing it the first time in a store it sounds like crap. Mine is actually starting to sound pretty good.

And Trnt3 - I'm sorry to hear about your troubles...as I havn't had any. What was wrong and how old is it?
valvekings are really nice
but youve got to tweak & tweak & tweak to get it right
my friends had his for a few years and its so wrecked at thispoint its pitiful, hes got to put the instrument cable halfway in w/ in a millimeter and the corner binding things are comin off
Well I tried my friends Crate FW and I liked it because of the tone and how the palm muted sounded through it... so the valveking is the way to go?
Quote by adam561
Well I tried my friends Crate FW and I liked it because of the tone and how the palm muted sounded through it... so the valveking is the way to go?

Test them out and let your ears be the judge.... And just know the VK wont sound great in the store and will take a while to find its groove..
Wow, I use a Spider III 15w for a practice amp and it sounds fine for practice, seriously is you can't hear your PM's you don't deserve a new amp. It's not that bad, it must be the player.

Besides all that, Valveking
Too much equipment to write down...
Quote by Cool55155
Wow, I use a Spider III 15w for a practice amp and it sounds fine for practice, seriously is you can't hear your PM's you don't deserve a new amp. It's not that bad, it must be the player.

Besides all that, Valveking

I don't mean I can't hear them, I just think its time for a new amp. What I meant to say was I liked that amp because really let me hear the palm muting.