What are your views on this guitar?

I recently posted one on the rg370dx, i took in everything you all told me, and decided that it wasn't really that a good guitar,

So now it's this guitar...

Ibanez RG1820X Prestige

Opinions on this?

This has a lot more things so good about it,
I've read through it a few times,

but yeah, tell me your opinion :]

It's an RG Prestige with a piezo system. What's not to like?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I know XD

It's like.. Well.. In my opinion...

If a llama was walking down the road.. it wouldn't be any old llama.. it'd be an ultimate llama holding the ibanez RG1820X!! and shredding with it's happy friends, turtle.. bunny and lawnmower man (Grass Free..)

Wtf... am i talking about -.-

yeah, i like it.
I dont what you mean above but yeh it looks amazing, really nice guitar aso if you have the money go for it.. oh and what is a piezo system?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Last edited by lwayneio at Jul 11, 2008,
Kks, well i've been searching around and it seems that the cheapest i can get it for is £699, which i guess i can save a little bit more for :]

and yeah.. don't pay attention. :]
Quote by lwayneio
oh and what is a piezo system?
It's a pickup which works by directly sensing the physical vibration of the string. In effect, a contact microphone. Produces clear "acoustic"-like sound without the magnetic artifacts (hum, feedback, what have you).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
It's a pickup which works by directly sensing the physical vibration of the string. In effect, a contact microphone. Produces clear "acoustic"-like sound without the magnetic artifacts (hum, feedback, what have you).

so is it basically a way to get an acoustic sound out of the guitar?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
so is it basically a way to get an acoustic sound out of the guitar?

It's "acoustic", but it's not going to sound like an acoustic guitar. The sound of an acoustic guitar is generated by the acoustic resonance of the guitar body. Piezo pickups just give a natural string sound. Like when you play unplugged, only loud and clear.
Quote by pifty
It's "acoustic", but it's not going to sound like an acoustic guitar. The sound of an acoustic guitar is generated by the acoustic resonance of the guitar body. Piezo pickups just give a natural string sound. Like when you play unplugged, only loud and clear.

aw okay i get ya, thats pretty cool. Are there any songs you can think of that use that system? What do most people use it for?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
aw okay i get ya, thats pretty cool. Are there any songs you can think of that use that system? What do most people use it for?

Trying to sound like an acoustic without an acoustic guitar. I think they sound really cool, not the same as the real deal but still very useful.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Quote by lwayneio
I don't know anything about any songs, but piezo gives you a superb clean signal. Use it for whatever you want. Then flip to magnetic and use your drive. Piezo-equipped guitars tend to have stereo outputs, so you can plug the piezo and mag into different amps and seamlessly switch from perfect clean to crushing distortion or what do you call it.
fair enough sounds interesting il try and find some youtube vids to hear it myself, I love the look of that guitar though.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube