Gear
-Schecter C-! Classic
-Digitech GNX4
-Spider III 212

Though all digital tv is pretty cool, all digital tone is not. So I'm selling the Spider III as soon as I get the money. Since I like the GNX4's capabilities so much, I am keeping it, but I want to find a good tube amp to use with it, hopefully adding a bit of tube tone to the mix. I see everyone and their mother raving about the Peavey VK, and it does seem to be a pretty good amp. But I wanted to get some other opinions on what would play well with my setup, and would sound good if I also wanted to take the GNX4 out of the mix and maybe throw a distortion and wah pedal in there.

thanks in advance
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Congrats on wanting a new amp!

What is your total budget (i guess after the Spider sale?)?
Do you gig with a drummer or just personal home use?
Can you go used - like used dealer (GC), ebay, Craigslist.com?
What style music to you play/want to play?

I would think a muti channel amp with a good clean channel or a good 1 channel clean amp would work well. 1x12 tube combo maybe. Look for one with an effects loop.
I guess I'm looking for another 212 amp, maybe something a little smaller if I can still get a lot of sound out of it. I will be using it for gigging with a drummer, and I'm guessing that my budget is around $500. Styles of music vary greatly from funk to jazz to metal, but my GNX will probably be able to get the effects for the other styles, I'm mostly interested in the clean channel, but if it has a good distortion on its own, I wouldn't mind one bit.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
You'd need a fairly neutral amp that doesn't color the tone (too much). Most tube amps are pedal friendly.
You may want to consider a Keyboard amp. These amps are pretty stright foreward and don;t color tone much. Great for MFX pedals and software apps like guitar rig 3.
I would go with a rack power amp and a 2x12 cab
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Thanks for the input

Bitches don't know