Hey guys

I got my guitar restrung today - Jackson DXMG - now the thing is the bridge is a bit high up out of the position where the little gap it fits its into (not sure what its called). This has caused the action of the guitar to be higher up and im having problems playing sumtimes. How can i lower the action to make it easier to play?

Any help is appreciated

maiden_beast
Is there a tremolo on that guitar (Floyd Rose, etc?). If there is it probably needs to be adjusted to be angled flat with the body and then if the action is still to high, the two string height studs need to tightened (the studs are where the bridge is mounted to the body and are the pivot point for the floating trem).
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
hey shredder , its got a floyd rose i think. The problem is the strings are pretty far from the neck than they normally are and its causing some problems to play.

So i should adjust the studs on the tremolo? , i can see 2 studs near the area where the strings attach into.

Thanks
Look at the image below. Now take a look at your guitar from the side. is your Floyd Rose bridge parallel to the body as in the pic or is it raised in the back? If it is flat like the pic then just tighten the two string height screws but if it is raised in the back then you need to level it. Unscrew the lock nut on the neck, tune up. Unscrew the back plate and tighten the two claw screws till the Floyd is parallel. You will need to do this over and over till the bridge is level and the guitar stays in tune

Edit: You can do it an easier way if you have a pencil handy. Just unloosen the lock nut on the neck. Detune the strings till the bridge come back towards the body. Stick a pencil up under the back of the bridge where the bridge and the body almost meet. Using the pencil try to make the bridge as level as possible. Tune up and see how your action is. If it is ok, pull out the pencil and check to see if the bridge raised up in the back. If the action is high tighten the two string height screws. If the bridge came up in the back do what I said before about loosening the two claw screws on the back of the guitar, etc.
Attachments:
floyd rose.jpg
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jul 11, 2008,
hey shredder thanks for the help , it was the 2 studs that i had to sort , now the strings are alot closer now.

Thanks for the help

Your very welcome...
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19