Page 1 of 3
Considering the Only Video Gaming Thread is closed, don't even try.

Tried the searchbar too.

What do you think is the biggest rip-off in video games?

Personally, I'll say Magic Online. It doesn't matter how many or what cards you have in real life, or how much money you've spent on them in real life, you still need to re-buy every card online.

That's right. Buy. With real money. With a credit card. The worst part is, they don't tell you this untill after you spend $10 to buy the game.

For those of us who've spent hundreds on the cards in real life, and even frequent Magic tournaments (like myself), this is a total rip-off. You can't even get your $10 back once you figure out you have to spend another $10-$20 just to get cards to play the game.

What's next, forcing players to pay extra for footballs or baseballs? How about Diablo III making you pay real money to enter dungeons/fight enemies?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
When I bought Resident Evil 2 from a second hand shop and it only contained disc 2 when I got home.

Not exactly a huge rip-off though, considering it only cost £1.
Quote by jmilli2

I searched "ONLY gaming thread." I'm sorry. I'll go there now.

I'm sorry
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i don't know what the hell you're on about

but i think WoW is a rip because you have to buy the disc and install it, fair enough.

but i then heard that you have to keep paying for it.

i mean wtf?

in runescape the best MMORPG that stole two years of my like u can get quite a bit for free then they steal £3.20/$5 a month from you and ur bored quickly.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Yeah, the second thread is open, but I'll add:

GTA IV, I payed 60 bucks for it on launch day and it freezes every 10 minutes on my system. It didn't start doing that until a week after the time I could return it.

Therefore, rip off.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by SlipknotRule93

but i think WoW is a rip because you have to buy the disc and install it, fair enough.

i mean wtf?

in runescape the best MMORPG that stole two years of my like u can get quite a bit for free then they steal £3.20/$5 a month from you and ur bored quickly.

idk what your freaking out about. games need updates every once in a while yes? how will they afford it if the only income they have is game sells? they need another source of income.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by Just Andrew

GTA IV, I payed 60 bucks for it on launch day and it freezes every 10 minutes on my system. It didn't start doing that until a week after the time I could return it.

Therefore, rip off.

That = Scratched disc
You = Retard
Quote by Just Andrew

Therefore, rip off.

wow, that blows.

mines frozen like 3 times maybe and i got it on launch day too.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
idk what your freaking out about. games need updates every once in a while yes? how will they afford it if the only income they have is game sells? they need another source of income.

and how does every other game with online play work then?
and how does every other game release patches at no extra cost

i'm sorry, but WoW charging monthly on top of game is just stupid
Quote by SlipknotRule93

i mean wtf?

Almost every good MMORPG has a monthly subscription fee, there is no way they could keep the devs working off of box sales.

And for RuneScape, you think they can support devs off the adds? LOL.

Quote by Just Andrew

Therefore, rip off.

What are your computer specs?
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Lineage 2 needs updates and you only pay once.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by adr11iano

Your an idiot. Most online games charge monthly. (well maybe not CS type game but this is a huge difference)
Quote by adr11iano

Some games have online stores, you pay real money and you get items.

Others are simply more expensive. Mainly FPS's. But off the top of my head, Guild Wars (4 games in total, and they are the highest priced MMO I've seen) and CoD4. They are both a lot more expensive than games you pay monthly for.

So obviously different companies like their different methods. Games that like to release REAL content patches *IE , whole new areas* will ask for a monthly fee. Whilst others who say "this is the game, you don't like it? leave" just don't bother updating sometimes, or only update to fix bugs.

Quote by boreamor
Anything made my Sony.

Do I win?

Yes sir, you win a golden cookie and the internetz.
GTA IV doesn't freeze on my system. Weird.

MTGO isn't a rip off either. I don't understand why you think you should get the same cards you have in real life online. If you don't want to pay money, play on Apprentice. And I was perfectly aware that you had to buy the cards online whenever I started. They don't have a website for nothin'.

Biggest ripoff for me, would probably be the 360 intercooler. It's suppose to keep your system cool, but typically, you can't get the powersupply to work with it.
Quote by adr11iano

No, the only stupid thing here is YOU.

You think it's easy running a game that big? You know **** all. Shut the **** up and stop talking about **** you don't understand.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
GTA4, got 10 out of 10s, despite it being probably the weakest GTA I've ever played.
Quote by Glimsom
No, the only stupid thing here is YOU.

You think it's easy running a game that big? You know **** all. Shut the **** up and stop talking about **** you don't understand.

+83 thank you
Limbo Of The Lost seems to have ripped almost all its content from other games..
------------------
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Any FPS is pretty much a ripoff. It's all the same, with different textures.

You could say that for all genres. All racing games are the same, all fighting games are the same, all RPGs are the same.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Not really a rip-off just cheap, Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 Xbox versions. What the hell? I know it's supossed(sp?) to be hard but when a boss throws a ****load of 15 hit combos at you you tend to get pissed and throw your controller around. Love those games though
Quote by Deliriumbassist
True. I think it's more prevalent in FPS though.

Yeah honestly it is.

The only way FPS's are different is the maps (which are pretty much all getting the same nowadays), and the graphical quality of the game. IE CS against CoD4.
Quote by Demonology
Yeah honestly it is.

The only way FPS's are different is the maps (which are pretty much all getting the same nowadays), and the graphical quality of the game. IE CS against CoD4.

I play most FPS's for the single player, AKA, the story. The only one I play online is Halo 3.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom
You could say that for all genres. All racing games are the same, all fighting games are the same, all RPGs are the same.

How can you possibly say all RPGs are the same? It is the only genre that has games that are really totally different. Final fantasy tactics VS final fantasy 7. Both RPG but totally different game play and story etc.
Quote by boreamor
My spelling does. Point still stands. ^^

Note to self: Proof read dammit.

But your point fails also. Have a nice day.
Member of the Nobuo Uematsu Fan Club

FFIX and FFXII Fan

The pit on incest....

Quote by wiggy1988
more like WINcest amirite?
Quote by ViperScale
How can you possibly say all RPGs are the same? It is the only genre that has games that are really totally different. Final fantasy tactics VS final fantasy 7. Both RPG but totally different game play and story etc.

All you ever do is roleplay as something!

But seriously, I was just naming the first genres that came to mind.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
The official addons for Oblvion that you have to pay for.

WoW.

Quote by Demonology
Yeah honestly it is.

The game play of Counter Strike is totally different than Call of Duty.
Quote by Glimsom
All you ever do is roleplay as something!

But seriously, I was just naming the first genres that came to mind.

HOLY ****. Roleplaying in a roleplaying game? Whatever will they think of next? Shooting in a FPS, racing in a racing sim? MADNESS I TELLS YA. MADNESS!
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by nodtomc
HOLY ****. Roleplaying in a roleplaying game? Whatever will they think of next? Shooting in a FPS, racing in a racing sim? MADNESS I TELLS YA. MADNESS!

It'll never work.
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
Quote by nodtomc

I have a funny feeling that you're being sarcastic.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom
I have a funny feeling that you're being sarcastic.
Me? Sarcastic. Noooooooooooo
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by adr11iano

You are just making yourself sound very unintelligent and ignorant.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by ViperScale
That = Scratched disc
You = Retard
I tried three different discs, none of them with a scratch on it.

Nice try though, retard.

EDIT: I'll clear up, I had two different 360's(not a comp ), and the first one I played it on(first disc) worked well enough, it barley ever froze(once or twice). Then, it froze a lot giving me the red rings.

Tried the same disc on another system, froze every 10 minutes, then I tried two different discs, same story.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Jul 11, 2008,
Page 1 of 3