Poll: where are you?
Poll Options
View poll results: where are you?
JOCK...i play sports, im cool, and have a hot girlfriend
7 4%
COOL...im not a jock, but im cool, all the girls dig me
25 13%
REGULAR...ive got cool friends, and uncool friends...i tend to get along with everyone
107 56%
NERD...i enjoy nerdy things...all the chicks like me as a friend...but i have a few cool freinds
24 13%
LOSER...people dont talk to me that much...
10 5%
SOCIAL OUTCAST...my parents arent even aware of my existance
6 3%
i dont know acual people...i spend 24/7 in the pit...
13 7%
Voters: 192.
Page 1 of 2
cool or uncool?
that is the question
with a poll in a sec...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I have never had a set group of people i would hang out with. I just did whatever i felt like doing that day and whatever group was doing that I went with / hung with. Out of school now so yea that really doesn't apply anymore.
Quote by Minkaro
I'm at the bottom, holding it up.

That was extremely slick. E-points 4 joo.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I fit anywhere, except with the popular crowd (Which is very small). My girlfriend, and my closest friends are from completely different groups.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
once you're out of school there is no cool/uncool anymore

This,pretty much.
Im pretty regular. I hang with the jocks, the preps, and the nerds and geeks. Although my school is pretty small, so we dont really have those "clicks" like other schools have.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Well im outta school.

At college.

I voted Cool, i will talk to usually anyone but if i get negative vibes i dont pussy about it, ill just tell them im off, id say im a man.
At my school(including me) there's literally 3 metal heads.
Thers 10 or so punks in 2 groups.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I hang out with my friends at ben and jerry's and the pizza joint next to it, so I'd say I'm hella cool.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I'm a hybrid between cool and regular. I have both qualities.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by HeavenlyVirus

This is the most correct statement ever.
I voted regular.
I do some pretty nerdy things, I do some things considered 'cool'.

I just do what I want/like and get on with it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

+1 I'm now in the real world where no-one cares...
Member of the Nobuo Uematsu Fan Club

FFIX and FFXII Fan

The pit on incest....

Quote by wiggy1988
more like WINcest amirite?
I'm glad I never had to deal with a segmented school social structure like this. Sounds quite lame being boxed in a little category (though I have no idea to what extent these stereotypes hold true in various schools).
Quote by rock.freak667
This is the most correct statement ever.

There's still a social ladder in college and higher education, but certainly, once you leave education then it's over.

Well, it really becomes rich/poor, but it's a different system.

Oh, and I'm so uncool that I'm actually cool, if that makes sense.
I'm regular.

I have some cool and uncool friends. Some girls think I'm attractive, but plenty of preppy girls will barely even talk to me. I'm pretty satisfied though.
between cool and regular, people know me but im not a douche lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
There's still a social ladder in college and higher education, but certainly, once you leave education then it's over.

Well, it really becomes rich/poor, but it's a different system.

There is always a system of social hierarchy or organization wherever you go, at whatever time. The question is how rigid and how visible it is.

I always found movies about teens in US high schools to be pretty ridiculous (quite a few of them), but wasn't sure to what extent they were an accurate portrayal.

Maybe there is somewhat of a similar makeup at tiny universities, but at larger universities there are so many people its not really structured. Anyone can find friends, and your friends aren't limited to little cliques unless you limit yourself.
I don't really care about cool/uncool, I just talk to whoever is interesting. I'll talk to the biggest loser retard in the school if he has something interesting to say, although the friends I regularly hang out with would probably be defined as 'cool'...

I voted regular based on the fact I talk to anyone.
Quote by bajeda
Maybe there is somewhat of a similar makeup at tiny universities, but at larger universities there are so many people its not really structured. Anyone can find friends, and your friends aren't limited to little cliques unless you limit yourself.

I find myself pretty limited, because I HATE clubbing, and 90% of students love it.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I find myself pretty limited, because I HATE clubbing, and 90% of students love it.

All depends where you are I guess.

Where I'm at, the options are typically House Parties (large or small), Fraternity parties, bar scene, sitting drinking and/smoking with friends, not too many clubs but they aren't bad.

There are always other ways to meet people and then hang out with them though. Just find the other 10% who don't like clubbing, or hang out with the ones who do when they aren't clubbing (they don't go every weekend day do they?). I suppose it may be easier if your student body is 40,000+, but unless its a tiny school there has got to be a bit more variety.
We never had a 'social ladder' like that at my school. We were just all badass. But some were more badass than others. I was a pretty badass mofo myself.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

True

I just wish people would see that
Quote by TheQuailman
We never had a 'social ladder' like that at my school. We were just all badass. But some were more badass than others. I was a pretty badass mofo myself.
Ah, the badass scale.

badass

pretty badass

not badass

Just an ass.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I voted regular.
I do some pretty nerdy things, I do some things considered 'cool'.

I just do what I want/like and get on with it.

aye, same.

i'm not 'social' at first though. i end up being too talkative and getting along fine with anyone.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Ah, the badass scale.

badass

pretty badass

not badass

Just an ass.

I don't say that often enough: I love you dude.
Regular/Cool lol
"The Good Thing About Music Is, When It Hits You, You Feel No Pain" - Bob Marley
"When the power of Love over comes the love of power the world wil know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

::type

im at the bottom of the ladder with 3 other guys from my school holding up all the small people
Page 1 of 2