right well, i blocked my ibanez RG570 edge trem because i never pull up and i change tunings frequently, couldnt find any wood so i just used 2 pennies and some blue tac to hold it in place

here's the pic:

now, for the fist of my questions

the neck that i have was repaired and where it cracked theres a slight residue build up of some kind of black ****, anyway, i wanna clean that out and make the crack as invisible as possible, i don't mind sanding etc

i don't want to buy another neck because its the EX version of the rg570 which is hard to come by

pic:

my other question is this, the guitar is beaten up with it being basswood and all so want to fix some of the dents etc, now i have i idea of how to do that (wood filler then sand down to shape) but the colour matching is a problem. a who;le body respray isn't the problem, its the fact the headstock is blue. any ideas or tips would be appreciated on how i could get them to match

pics of general guitar for colour etc:

if you have to buy another neck google ed romans guitars he makes anything ibanez necks any way you want it, and for the neck. idk try to find some paint that matches the maple color i cant tell how bright it is by the pic hope i could help.
Quote by chrismasinjuly
if you have to buy another neck google ed romans guitars he makes anything ibanez necks any way you want it, and for the neck. idk try to find some paint that matches the maple color i cant tell how bright it is by the pic hope i could help.

not really any help

all i need is that gunk cleaned out and colour sorted out
Quote by chrismasinjuly
oh btw thats a kick ass guitar any custom wireing on it? /push pulls 5 way switch etc..

nope, all stock, thinking of sticking some blackouts and an SA into there eventually
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ED ROMAN! The guy is a FRAUD, ASSHOLE, and sells CRAP. How bad is that crack? Some are superficial, some aren't. If it doesn't hurt the guitar keep using it. You may also be able to use a syringe to inject some glue into the crack.
Quote by CJRocker
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ED ROMAN! The guy is a FRAUD, ASSHOLE, and sells CRAP. How bad is that crack? Some are superficial, some aren't. If it doesn't hurt the guitar keep using it. You may also be able to use a syringe to inject some glue into the crack.

the crack has been repaired!!!!!!! its just got some residue in it, ugly black sh1t which makes it stand out

jeez everyones busy on here or something usually theres tonnes of replies
Last edited by metallica92 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker

...wow...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by CJRocker
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ED ROMAN! The guy is a FRAUD, ASSHOLE, and sells CRAP.

Dude...not even cool. He's one of the few honest guys left in the business. I've sold a few vintage Deans to him and he's a great guy to work with. He tells it straight and honest. He doesn't try to sell you everything in the store, I hate when people do that... Hell some people try to sell you the ink off their business cards
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jul 11, 2008,
TS, this isn't the Pit. Replies don't come flooding in after 2 minutes...Anyway, about that crack: sand it smooth so the gunk will come off, then tape off an area around it and spray on some lacquer. Careful, though, 'cause Nitro won't go on top of Poly (or it may be the other way around, can't remember).

All I can say about the body repair is fill it and sand flush. You MAY be able to send it to Ibanez and pay to have it resprayed the same color. Prolly won't be cheap.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jul 11, 2008,