Page 1 of 4
I can't believe there isn't a thread for DMB yet...! Maybe there is, and I am blind, but I didn't see one..

I'm not going to introduce them, I'm sure everyone in these forums has heard of them and listened to them. Granted, their albums after "Before These Crowded Streets" are questionable at best and deviate to pop rock, but everything before that and including it are some of the greatest jazz/rock/jam music I've heard.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

i love DMB!

their live concerts are one of those that everyone in the crowd just can't stop smiling...prolly cause half of them are stoned of their asses but still. they just have such an upbeat attitude that everyones happy. and granted dave doesnt shread but he is quite talented with riffs and singing. and the bassist has great fills. and carter beauford is a sick drummer. and i love the incorporation of horns and jazz into their alternative. ahh i love dmb. especially the stop-time in ants marching...cause when they play it live they all stop and the crowd sings it and its sound loud. i love it. woo.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
dmb is amazing but isnt really modern rock
its more of an acoustic/i dont even know what to call it style
BOOOOOOOOOOOO DMB
*Reported*
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
I've heard a few songs by this band and I like

So what album shall I get first?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I live in his hometown, met the dude a few times. Cool guy, his normal voice is a bit different from his singing voice.

I agree with shenanigans, those jazz jams were awesome.
I love DMB! Favorite band ever.

myself101, get Stand Up, I think that album is sweet.
Greatest band ever. Tim Reynolds is a BEAST of a guitar player. The man can simply play some of the best guitar you will ever hear. Granted he usually doesn't tour with DMB, but when he does, man, some of the best music you'll ever here. There isn't a shoddy musician in the band, and even though Dave doesn't shred, the man is a damn talented guitar player. I've yet to hear someone who can play one of Dave's songs and sound close to what Dave sounds like. He has a freaky ability to mute any string he wants and make it sound amazing. Its just an overall solid band. My personal favorite, right up there with The Decemberists.
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********
Quote by myself101
I've heard a few songs by this band and I like

So what album shall I get first?

Probably go for Under The Table and Dreaming first.

And I think that some albums after BTCS are pretty good. Everyday isn't as bad as people make it out to be, just a bit different. I think that Busted Stuff is very good. His solo album, Some Devil, is alright, buut I have to be in a different kind of mood for it. And then Stand Up just sucked.

I'm really lookin forward to a new album, but I don't know when that will happen.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
My favorite band, something about their sound just drives me crazy. I dunno if you guys have heard the news about Leroi Moore, but he is in the hospital after a serious ATV accident. Check out the press release at dmband.com.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
^ That's why I'm worried that it will be a while before they finish their next album.

Of course I feel awful for him and his family as well. I hope he's alright, apparently he was just readmitted for complications.
Yea, apparently they are very serious complications too. At least that is the word in the DMB community.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

I love him, but have yet to see him live, but he does usually (not this year) come here on my mom's birthday.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I'm a huge fan of Shotgun, which could be called a new song (circa '06). But out of the newer songs, #27 is definitely my favorite. I have mixed opinions on both Cornbread and Eh Hee.

I can't say I really enjoy Shotgun at all. I think the reason I love Eh Hee is because its so different and so simple. At least the guitar is simple.

And come on, Cornbread is just fun.
i loved the american baby song. crash is an alright song, and they have another one that's catchy but i can't remember.

they're not bad.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by Shaggy92
BOOOOOOOOOOOO DMB
*Reported*

Congratulations on being a gigantic flaming douchebag!
Quote by slidething31
I can't say I really enjoy Shotgun at all. I think the reason I love Eh Hee is because its so different and so simple. At least the guitar is simple.

And come on, Cornbread is just fun.

Cornbread is really fun, but I prefer the earlier Dave and Tim versions to the new full band versions.

Shotgun's music is amazing and so is it's theme. Dave just needs to write more concrete lyrics and stop yelling through the song.

DMB rocks, man. I've listened to UtTaD at least 4 times this week. It has to be my favorite album by them. Their newer stuff is alright, and Busted Stuff is definately a highlight of their recent catalouge.

So anyways, what are you all's favorite early songs? Mine would have to be either Jimi Thing or Two Step.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Yeah bra!
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Lie in Our Graves is my favorite song live. The jam is just euphoric in a live setting. However, I believe that the best early studio songs are What Would You Say, Proudest Monkey, and Dancing Nancies. All very well done on their respective studio albums.

My favorite song overall would have to be Jimi Thing. That riff is almost solely responsible for me ever picking up a guitar.

I love Dancing Nancies when he does the drunk guy intro. Little Thing from Live at Luther College is awesome as well.

There are so many great songs, and then great live versions, that it's hard to pick favorites.
Jimi Thing is definitely a superb song, especially on UTTAD. But it really comes into its own in the live setting with the extended jam.

Here's something a little different: Name your the song you like the least from a studio album, excluding the whole Stand Up album, and Where Are You Going.

I'm thinkin my least favorite tune is probably either Digging A Ditch from Busted Stuff or The Space Between from Everyday.
Angel, I Did It, or Mother Father from Everyday. They all are pretty lackluster songs. I love Digging A Ditch and Space Between though.

A lot of the so-called "hardcore" DMB fanbase doesn't like Stand Up. And while I admit I'm not crazy about the record, it does have some solid songs on it. Hello Again, American Baby, Louisiana Bayou, and You Might Die Trying have all blossomed into great live songs.

^ Yup. There are some alright songs, and some absolutely horrid songs. It is by far their weakest album.
meh, I never much liked Let You Down on Crash. I just couldn't ever really get into like the other songs.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Let You Down has some weak lyrics like "I'm a puppy for your love." Even Dreamgirl's lyrics are better.

Dave matthews is great, he has a talented group of musicians in his band. his songs are different and thats what i like about them.
Does anyone have any of those Live Trax albums?

The only live releases I have are Live at Luther College, Listener Supported, and The Central Park DVD.
I don't waste my time with most Live Trax. You can get the same concerts with similar audio quality online on sites like antsmarching.org and dreamingtree.org.

That being said, I will be picking up the newest Live Trax because a quality recording of the Salem show doesn't exist currently.

Going to see these guys tonight!! Anyone else ever see them live?

I had the opportunity a few years ago, but my parents wouldn't let me go because it was a school night. The next day, a lot of my friends said it was the best show they've ever seen.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Ah, that sucks. DMB truly puts on a memorable show. You should definitely go the next time you get the chance.

Anyway, here is last night's setlist:
Seek Up *
Don't Drink the Water *
So Damn Lucky *
Corn Bread *
Eh Hee *
Sleep To Dream Her *
You Might Die Trying *
#41 *
Where Are You Going *
Two Step *
Crash Into Me *
Drive In Drive Out *
Louisiana Bayou *
Sledgehammer *
Anyone Seen The Bridge *
Too Much (tease) *
Stay *

Encore:
Sister +
Little Thing (tease)
Gravedigger *
Ants Marching *

Guests:
All Songs with Tim Reynolds
All Songs with Rashawn Ross
* Jeff Coffin

Really great show. Coffin and Reynolds tore #41 and Bayou a new asshole. Definitely ranks among the best DMB shows that I've seen.

Quote by slidething31
So which of his newer songs does everyone like? I really like #27, Cornbread, and Eh Hee.

Heres a good one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlI8YsRthG4

oh, I haven't heard this one since it came out.

I love DMB.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

^ They've been playing a handful of new songs in the past year or two. You could download some shows if you haven't heard them.

Edit: Oh. and Cptbeefhart that looks like one awesome setlist. What exactly was the Little Thing tease? Did he sing it at all? Little Thing from Luther is one of my favorite tracks.
Last edited by slidething31 at Aug 1, 2008,
Page 1 of 4