Source

Ive been considering getting a guitar i can mainly use for metal for quite a while now and this ibanez has caught my eye. I currently play a fender standard (mexican) and i feel like i need to get an axe specifically for all the heavier stuff. Can anyone recommend this guitar or one within a similar price range?

thanks in advance

try washburn, I play an Ibanez RG kind of like that and it's fine, but I'm getting an X50 in a coupla months and I know that's going to become my favourite guitar when it comes.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
If you want a double locking tremolo, don't go for the cheap RGs, their Edge 3 trems are cheap and wear out quickly. You should at least invest in an Ibanez S320, it has a nice tremolo and better pickups than the RG:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/24443
There aren't any cheaper reliable guitars with double locking trems on the market (at least none that I know of).
You have far more options when looking at guitars with non-locking systems or a fixed bridge, e.g. the Ibanez SA or ART range, which are both excellent for their prices.
Keep in mind that generally anything with a bridge humbucker should do the trick for hard rock and metal.
The best solution is to go into a music store and try stuff out to see what you like. Just avoid cheap guitars with double locking trems.
NO. do not get that guitar. i have it and its a huge regret. get the s320 instead.
Thanks for the advice guys, I reckon I'm gonna save up a tad longer and probably get one of those Ibanez's TheQuailman suggested to ensure i get my moneys worth out of it

I agree that you should check out the washburn guitars the x50 is awesome for the money. Or if you want a trem go with the S series as also mentioned I have read that the zr trems on those are far better.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Try to look for a used rg with a good trem.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Gregoric
try washburn, I play an Ibanez RG kind of like that and it's fine, but I'm getting an X50 in a coupla months and I know that's going to become my favourite guitar when it comes.

X50 pro or X50?