So erhm.....if I take my cable and touch it to any part of my body, I can hear the radio....and its telling me about the wildfires in California! =P

But erhm, does anyone know what this could be? or how it is happening? I think I read somewhere that it might be my electrical outlet...and something about its ground wire or whatever.

Edit: Maybe you should know what cables I use!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live-Wire-Advantage-Series-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=330470

P.S.
The huge silver thing on it is just a case that I can unscrew, and when I do, it's just static. So maybe it has to do with the case?
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Quote by k4rma
So erhm.....if I take my cable and touch it to any part of my body, I can hear the radio....and its telling me about the wildfires in California! =P

But erhm, does anyone know what this could be? or how it is happening? I think I read somewhere that it might be my electrical outlet...and something about its ground wire or whatever.

Stop getting freaky with your guitar cable.
Quote by TheProducer
Stop getting freaky with your guitar cable.

Lol. I knew someone was going to say that! But I'm sorry, I can't help it! It feels SOOOOO right!
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Quote by k4rma
Lol. I knew someone was going to say that! But I'm sorry, I can't help it! It feels SOOOOO right!

I'm just disturbed that you know it works on any part of your body.

Just giving you a hard time. There are some threads about this. It just picks up radio signals for some weird reason.
That just took the joke out of proportion >_>

Oh my.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Just put it into a power block and it'll fix it. Idk why it does that, but surge protectors and power blocks can genetally(typo I'm leaving) fix it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
It does that becauase its not grounded all you need is a surge protector and no more news about Yosemite.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
You're lucky, the only radio station I can hear while playing with alot of distortion tells me to listen to god... So it happens also if your not touching your body with the cable.
It means that you're in tune er.. tuned in.

had that happened to me with a cheap tube amp that looked like a suitcase. I was picking up baseball games.
thats so cool!! i though it only happened with single coil pickups. i think it would make for an awesome song. put lots of fuzz in the amp and make it sound dystopian
If you're using a wah pedal, that's usually the culprit, the inductor can pick up signals easily. However most gear can do this from time to time, at the moment your cable is working as an antenna and by touching it you're making it much bigger.

If you touch the cable against something like a radiator or water pipe you might be able to get a nice clear signal...
I had an older Fender amp that did in during practice. We used to practice inside a barn running extension cords everywhere. Maybe the extension cords/metal barn helped pick up the radio stations?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
dude that happened to me and i got the local news but it only happened if i had my distortion pedal on and if i touched the chord that went from the instrument jack on the pedal on the ring around my input jack on my guitar. the first time it did that it scared the s h i t out of me lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS