Page 1 of 2
what was your favorite live show you've ever been to. Mine was a screamo show at a local high school and the last band of the night was a band called Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. it was freaking sweet. We were all crowd surfing, people were getting arrested, and there were like 12 fights in the pit. i cant wait to see them again. check'um out at their website(Invalid img)
maylene played at a highschool? ****in awesome.

my favorite show was killswitch engage when they were headlining the tour with dragonforce, chimaira, and he is legend.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Jethro Tull was breath-taking.
But Three and Opeth take the cake.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I only go to gigs of my local bands, but I'm going to see DragonForce in September.

Any negative comments, keep to yourself please.
Mindless Self Indulgence are amazing live. After that it's probably Reuben and Muse. I imagine seeing Prince live would be pretty awesome. I'll let you know if I ever get a chance
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I saw The Who live.

It was great, but it was right before we realized that Daltrey was suffering from bronchitis. Which explains why they didn't preform any Quadrophenia, specifically, Love Reign O'er Me.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Ergin
Dragonforce

They may not play perfectly live, but i can assure you the enjoyment of a Dragonforce gig is more than enough to make up for it. they are very good showmen
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Less Than Jake, Deftones, Iron Maiden, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Wildhearts, My Vitriol, Stiff Little Fingers.

Put on the best shows I've been to.
I would have to say the Van Halen reunion in was mine. Great to see an actual guitarist back on the scene.
valient thorr.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Dream Theater and Symphony X (One gig)

or Paul Gilbert
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

36 Crazyfists at a small local venue. Absolutely awesome, them or Reel Big Fish cuz the support act, Streetlight Manifesto, were fantastic.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
valient thorr.

This when they played with the Riverboat Gamblers and Gogol Bordello.

That or Manchester Orchestra, Biffy Clyro, and Say Anything.

M.O. and Biffy blew away the band they were opening for; it was golden.
Rush's performances are inspiring.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
The only one I've ever been to. =/

Evile (not bad), Job For A Cowboy (Strangely enough, the singer pronounced it JAGHWGHEGEHGHG FARGGGGGHHH AAAAAAA CARRGGGGGGHHHHHBARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!), who were ****e, and Megadeth (awesome!)
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by jetfuel495
children of bodom + in flames + megadeth

gigantour ftw

That sounds fuckin' awesome.
Oingo Boingo Farewell at the Universal Amphitheater.

Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena (the spectacular World Slavery Tour).

The second day at the US Festival (Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Triumph, The Scorpions & Van Halen )

Yeah baby!!!!

Edit: o0ooo I forgot one. The Clash, Metallica & The Who at the LA Coliseum...
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by chimpinatux
They may not play perfectly live, but i can assure you the enjoyment of a Dragonforce gig is more than enough to make up for it. they are very good showmen

Yea the band itself is okay, but i just think they could practise their live performance a little bit more.
Quote by chimpinatux

+1

When I saw them they were accurate playing wise, but put on a quality show. trivium were up afterwards and they were pants in comparison.

For the thread I'm gunna have to say Led Zep at the o2.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
May 28th. 2008.

Between the Buried and Me.
Opeth.
Dream Theater.

Was BLOWN AWAY by 3. I love their new album, and their live show is just astounding.

BTBAM was insane, as well. Great show.

Opeth owned my night. I wonder why......

And, since I don't know a lot about DT, I wasn't nearly as enthused. They put on a good show, and I loved all the songs they played, but I never had that since of being "in tune" with the show, since I had only heard one or two of the songs before I left.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Tera Melos, The Fall Of Troy, Foxy Shazam, Fear Before The March Of Flames or Valient Thorr.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I saw the Who a little while back (I think in 2006) and that was a great show. I believe it must have been before or after Daltrey's bronchitis. I'm going to see Radiohead in August and I think that'll be spectacular.
Steel Train on their last Headlining tour at the House of Blues in Dallas. Ace Enders and Socratic opened. It was amazing, I've seen Steel Train twice and their energy is unmatched by any other band they tour with. Never a disappointment.

I also saw St. Vincent at Hailey's in Denton Texas, Annie had her whole band there and it was a crazy show.

Both these shows had like 45 people there tops, maybe thats why they were so special.
The best show I've been to is the Living End back in 2006. If you have an opportunity, see them. It'll probably be life-changing.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
MMMMMmMmmmmmm..................gotta say Iron Maiden......and Anthrax opened for them at the show too.

Was teh Somewhere Back In Time Tour.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Last edited by Imperial at Jul 11, 2008,
Alexisonfire with Comeback Kid supporting.

Two gigantic circle pits, plus both George and Andrew were in the crowd for a hell of a lot of the set.

Especially good since it was a tiny venue, only bout 200 capacity, and there was a giant disco ball hanging from the ceiling .
Saw Deftones in 06 at a small gig (1000 ppl) Waited outside for 4 hours, saw the band across the street going into a diner (but I was too shy and nervouse to approach them . Later before the show Chino walked right passed me. My dad and I were first in line, and got a front row spot. They were absolutly amazing.

Saw G Love and Special Sauce at the same place a year earlier, they were also incredible.

Saw Family Force Five at a local church show. They are surprisingly awesome on stage. Constantly breakdancing, throwing their instruments into the air to dance, starting a break dance pit. The drummer stood on his forhead doing a break dance move on his snare drum.

Recently saw Coheed And Cambria with Linkin park at Arco Arena in Sacremento. Co and Ca were mindblowing. And Linkin Park put on a great show also. (Please no negative Nu-metal comments or stuff like that)

Those are the best I've seen.
Madina Lake was a really good show both times i've seen them. The Bled
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Call me sad, but Bon Jovi live are fucking amazing.

What's sad about that?

Quote by Waterboy799
Rush's performances are inspiring.

They are on my to see list!
Page 1 of 2