hello. im sure you people have alotta other better stuff to do but i was still hoping you could help me out with something. i want to purchase a new electric guitar but im on a tight budget. around $200 to $300. ive been playing the guitar for around 4 years now and i own a couple of acoustics, and an epiphone studio les paul. since i already own a les paul, i was kinda hoping to get something a little different like a strat or a tele but the only ones i can afford in that price range are the squiers. ive heard squiers arent good for **** so im not sure if i want to go for that. here are some of the guitars ive searched and considered:

1. Dean Vendetta 1
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar?sku=512914

2. Squier Deluxe Stratocaster
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Deluxe-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=517231

3. Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-Thinline-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=514048

i would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out
It wouldn't really be an upgrade mate, I recommend saving up a bit.

If you'd really like, go to the Agile site and look at some of their interceptor models, but those might be a bit higher out of our you price range.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
If you want a squier go play every single one you can find and you might find a nice one.

Otherwise save up and go for a standard.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'm gonna have to agree. Saving up would be your best bet. What you have should do the job until you save more and get better. Don't buy a new guitar just because it feels good to buy a new guitar. The difference between what you have now, and one of those is minimal.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
I know the Vintage Modified Squier basses are actually as good as real Fenders. The VM Tele Thinline might be good, definitely worth a play.
Squiers are nice beginner guitars, but they aren't any better than your LP, they are a tad worse (just like the Dean). There is no point in buying a beginner's axe if you have something better already, you'll regret blowing out money for it in the end.
Best advices there mate. save some money and get something that's easily 10x better already.

I ordered a Carvin bolt kit for less than $600 including shipping. It also included upgrades like walnut body, 10" fretboard radius, string saver saddles, HSS setup with pearloid PG, and stainless steel frets.

Of course it has to be finished and put together (which is no brainer) but I've seen $200-$300 saving from this. Just polywipe the whole thing, put it together, and JAM!

EDIT: the kit is a hardtail here and sells for $399 complete (without upgrades) so for another $100 with your budget of $300 will get you 10x better guitar.
Last edited by PanHead at Jul 11, 2008,
hey thanks alot guys, this is my first thread on here. even though ive used this site for numerous tabs in the past few years, never thought of registering. now i see how handy it is maybe the best choice would be to save up some more. so i'll be back
God bless
Quote by trapt_under
hey thanks alot guys, this is my first thread on here. even though ive used this site for numerous tabs in the past few years, never thought of registering. now i see how handy it is maybe the best choice would be to save up some more. so i'll be back
God bless

Wise decision grasshopper.

I know of two guitars in the $500 range that has impeccable craftsmanship and are made in Canada but assembled here in the US. One is Godin Exit 22 with a HSS setup and a Godin Triumph with SSS setup.

My custom axe is similiar to the Godins where the fretboards are deeper into the body. I see them more comfortable to play where you don't have to hold your arm so far out but have easy access to the upper registers.

Food for thought son but worth checking out.