Okay guys, I'm literally confused here at the moment!
According to www.jacksonguitars.com, all the X series guitar, DX10D Dinky , KVX10D King V , RX10D Rhoads , WRXT Warrior and, even, the DXMG Dinky guitar from the MG series, are all made up of basswood!
I later came to know that Jackson hasn't actually updated their website since 2006! And many changes have already taken place since then, like the DXMG is now made up of alder (I know bcoz a friend of mine bought it recently!) So what I really want to know is that is the X series STILL being made up of basswood? Because, according to www.musiciansfriends.com, the KVX10D King V is now made up of alder while the WRXT Warrior is still made up of basswood! Is www.musiciansfriends.com telling the truth or what? And has Jackson really shifted to alder to make the X series guitars?
Jackson's website has been updated since 2006, otherwise they wouldn't have the Demmelition King V listed, considering it just came out this year. Anyway Basswood isn't bad, it certainly isn't the best, but not bad.
Last edited by G-man05 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by DiMeTiMe
There's nothing wrong with basswood, but I prefer alder

oh, and idk what to tell you...phone Jackson?

I know but the thing is tht alder is a bit 'too' bright for me! And mahogany is doesnt have those 'bright' highs so I prefer basswood which is a pretty balance wood!
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']Basswood doesn't mean its bad...
Joe Satriani uses basswood guitars, and some of Steve Vai's signature guitars are also basswood..

I think John Petrucci also uses basswood!
Quote by G-man05
Jackson's website has been updated since 2006, otherwise they wouldn't have the Demmelition King V listed, considering it just came out this year. Anyway Basswood isn't bad, it certainly isn't the best, but not bad.

So what ur saying is tht since Jackson's website has been updated, it means that all the info there is correct and Musician's Friend is lying? Does that mean tht the X series is still up of basswood?