So my friend never plays his Ephiphone les paul and he bought his for about 700 dollars he says. He told me he bought it when it first came out. I played it and it was pretty sweet, except the little rhythm/treble switch is broken. He told me i could get this fixed for about 15 bucks.

I am trading him my Wii, which I bought for 250 dollars, and 3 games(total of 100 dollars). Is this a good deal I'm getting? He will also include his case. The thing is, I never play my Wii (haven't played since I got it which was January 2008) and he never plays his guitar since he likes acoustic better and since he threw out his amp since it broke.

So is it worth it?
if he fixes the switch and u like the sound go for it... x boxs kill wiis anyway
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
do it... who'd rather play vid games than jam?
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by gstacey1
if he fixes the switch and u like the sound go for it... x boxs kill wiis anyway

This
yea its worth it as long as it's truly worth more than ur Wii
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
you don't play it, why keep it?
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Which Epi though? Be sure that he actually paid that much for it consider you can get some for like $200. Find out what model it is first.
Quote by gstacey1
x boxs kill wiis anyway

Excuse me... PS3>360

But anyway... why keep anything you're not using when you could trade for something you would use? Definitely check what kind of guitar it is. Look up the serial number to make sure it's the right model, and price. And try it out for a little, of course.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
he just told me its the standard epiphone les paul. I played it before and it was really nice.
Quote by E V H 5150
Excuse me... PS3>360

But anyway... why keep anything you're not using when you could trade for something you would use? Definitely check what kind of guitar it is. Look up the serial number to make sure it's the right model, and price. And try it out for a little, of course.

Maybe if the PS3 actually had some games to play on it.

Otherwise +1 to everything he said.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Maybe if the PS3 actually had some games to play on it.

Otherwise +1 to everything he said.

AC4, Resistance, Fight Night, Oblivion

And, go for the Epi...as long as you like it, TS...of course.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
come on guys lets not turn this into a which system is better thread. TS do some research on the les paul. if is a les paul special II or any other cheap 200 dollar models then is a no no
Just look on the back of the headstock. That's where the serial is on any guitar I've seen. Just type it into Google, that's how I found some information on my Blues Junior. One of the links there has to have some information.

EDIT: Typing the serial number into google will get you nothing. What you do is actually type something like, "Epiphone serial numbers" in there, and you'll be able to find a website that has everything decoded and find out when it was manufactured, and maybe the model and all of that. Depending on what kind of system Epiphone/Gibson has for their serials.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by E V H 5150
Just look on the back of the headstock. That's where the serial is on any guitar I've seen. Just type it into Google, that's how I found some information on my Blues Junior. One of the links there has to have some information.

EDIT: Typing the serial number into google will get you nothing. What you do is actually type something like, "Epiphone serial numbers" in there, and you'll be able to find a website that has everything decoded and find out when it was manufactured, and maybe the model and all of that. Depending on what kind of system Epiphone/Gibson has for their serials.

this

I look forward to hearing if your friend is trying to screw you into trading for a les paul special
Quote by petchimp

that is the serial number

Well it was made in...

"Gibson: Qingdao
The Gibson Qingdao Plant was opened in October 2002, Qingdao, China. It is the only plant run by Epiphone in Asia.Both acoustic and electric guitars are made here. The factory is dedicated to making Epiphone and only Epiphone guitars with the aim of producing higher quality guitars."

Other then that with out picks its hard to tell... Does it have anything else on the guitar like custom or so on...
Here's what you need to do. If you have a digital camera, take a picture of it, and give us a link to the picture. I would be able to tell you if it is worth it in about 2 seconds.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
^True - or a thorough description of the guitar - If it has covers on the pickups, then its' a standard, and you're getting a pretty good deal. If its' open coils, and a pretty thin body, you're been given a Special, and that's a bit daylight robbery, and all points in between
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
^True - or a thorough description of the guitar - If it has covers on the pickups, then its' a standard, and you're getting a pretty good deal. If its' open coils, and a pretty thin body, you're been given a Special, and that's a bit daylight robbery, and all points in between

That was really English sounding. Not saying that in a bad way, I just thought it was kind of interesting.

But anyway, yeah, pictures would make it easy for us to know.