ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
This is an instrumental I cobbled together. I kinda like it and so does my band, and if you crit it I will return the favour.

WARNING: Only if you have 10 minutes of free time on your hands.
Attachments:
Harlequin.zip
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jul 12, 2008,
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Sorry, have to clump the crit a bit. Browser issues.

I like the clean riff, very dark yet still retains a thrash feel (kind of like Artillery and mid-era Metallica). The first two leads were very cool, I liked them a bit. The first riff was just...oh em geez. Seriously, nice riff. And, the drums accentuated it a bit, but nothing crazy. When it got to the classic thrash chug riff, I know this is definitely something I could headbang to for awhile.
Onto the second half of the song: The solo was quite good, not as good as the first two intro solos but I thought it fit the mood of the song. The drums were classic, old school Dave Lombardo style drums, as well.

All in all 9/10. The Clean parts were a bit unfitting at the end, but beyond that phenom.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Cafas
897 IQ
I thought the clean part in the beginning was awesome, but I honestly though the heavy parts sounded way too generic, and it's a shame considering how pumped the intro got me. I was expecting something more progressive to follow. You definitely have a great foundation, you just need to reconsider how you build upon it.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
bakshandloomis
Ug's Metalcore fanboy
519 IQ
I thought the clean riff was alright, quite repetitive though. The first distorted riff was awesome, I couldn't help but head bang. The next one was a great mosh riff. The Riff at bar 90 was meh IMO. The first solo was alright, but seeing as this is a thrash piece I would have expected more shredding. Same goes for the second solo. I liked the third solo more than the others. The fourth solo was also good.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho