Ok I'm getting a new amp soon in the 30w Area not to big but big enough for a bedroom rocker.

I play mostly metal, Pantera, Metallica, slayer you know the good stuff, but I have a sweet spot for Good old Rock & roll from the good days

I'm looking at 3 amps all Solid State combos

First Everyone's favorite the Marshall MG, Yes I know the Overdrive blows, but what else makes them crap and everyone talk crap about them. some one please tell me

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG30DFX-Combo-101704088-i1145938.gc

then we have the new Randall I know there good amps never got to play one does anyone know about them, there no where near me.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Randall-RX-Series-V2XM-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481734-i1398127.gc

Then we have another hated brand Line6, I liked the distortion but I played the 75watt version nice amp I thought

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944799-i1168995.gc

I have played 2 out of the three and Liked them can you guys tell me about them some more.
Do not get the marshall or the line6. It will be the worst decision anyone has ever made since tommy lee married heather locklear.

Get a nice tube combo. Im not too knowledgeble on the smaller tube amps so someone will tell you what to get on here.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by dcdossett65
Do not get the marshall or the line6. It will be the worst decision anyone has ever made since tommy lee married heather locklear.

Get a nice tube combo. Im not too knowledgeble on the smaller tube amps so someone will tell you what to get on here.

He's only using for bedroom so I see no need for a tube amp, plus lower wattage tube amps are definitely not good for metal.

I suggest a Roland Cube 30x if you want metal at lower wattage, for a solid state amp it is good for metal (has good Recto setting) + has some good effects and decent distortion patches/channels whatever they're called.
+1 for the roland. All those amps you listed are pretty sucky, even for what you need them for. MGs sound bad and have horrible build quality, the spiders sound like ****e and computers on them love to go haywire, and the only thing I've really heard about the randall is it's equivalent to marshall's MG.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by dcdossett65
It will be the worst decision anyone has ever made since tommy lee married heather locklear.

All 3 of those amps are pretty poor, but the Randall is definitely the best.

Go for a Cube or tell us your budget.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Anyone?
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
roland cube 30. we've already told you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pooinsky
He's only using for bedroom so I see no need for a tube amp, plus lower wattage tube amps are definitely not good for metal.

I suggest a Roland Cube 30x if you want metal at lower wattage, for a solid state amp it is good for metal (has good Recto setting) + has some good effects and decent distortion patches/channels whatever they're called.

What he said.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.