Hey all, I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special II (only 1 volume, and 1 tone knob) and I have decided I want to rewire the tone knob as a volume knob, in order to use my pickup selector as a killswitch. (I don't use the tone knob anyway) What do I need to do? If there is a tutorial - please, point me that way. I have searched already but have found nothing.
unsolder the wires from the tone pot, then take one of the wires from the volume pot and put it to the tone pot. Btw, it would be much easier if just put in a real kill switch, and learn to use your tone pot.
Quote by Ghold125
unsolder the wires from the tone pot, then take one of the wires from the volume pot and put it to the tone pot. Btw, it would be much easier if just put in a real kill switch, and learn to use your tone pot.
this will not work.
in a 2 volume configuration, the pickups must be wired directly to the volume pots, not to the selector switch as they are in a single volume configuration. the output from the pots then go to the selector switch, then directly to the output jack.

TS, right now your wiring will look similar to this,
although it's likely the hot and ground from each pickup
are on a single shielded cable, not 4 wires plus ground:

(Invalid img)

you will need to wire like this diagram.
just ignore the tone pots and the capacitors (marked with a "c"):

(Invalid img)
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jul 11, 2008,