Well, in the future, I might (MIGHT) buy a Squier Affinity Tele, just something cheap I would use mainly for slide work.

Well, you must know what I'm into by now, but it would be Whitesnake, Rory Gallagher, well, mostly blues...

So, would it be worth it, considering I would buy a tube amp first, and use the surplus to get that? I have heard good things about them...

EDIT: Maybe the Standard one?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by Ippon
The Classic Vibe Squier Tele is another option ... old school bridge and made of Pine. Some fans felt it didn't need any upgrades.

Hmm... I'm not too sure about the colour scheme of that one, just to be picky!

I would like something that's Vintage Blonde and a rosewood neck, and a white pickguard.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Ippon
Those are certainly available in the Affinity and Standard series.

But are they decent, and easy to play on? I know there is a bandwagon and such, but I would like to know how it would sound...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Through a decent tube amp, you won't feel the need to upgrade anything soon. Down the road and once you're past the honeymoon stage, you might feel the need to upgrade the plastic nut, or get a more vintage bridge, and the PUs for a certain tone, etc. The cool thing about the CV is the old school Pine body and with the Affinity, you have the tried and true Alder body.

Since they're pretty inexpensive, you also get some really decent Bang for the $$$, regardless of what some people regurgitate about Squiers.

Quote by Ippon
Through a decent tube amp, you won't feel the need to upgrade anything soon. Down the road and once you're past the honeymoon stage, you might feel the need to upgrade the plastic nut, or get a more vintage bridge, and the PUs for a certain tone, etc. The cool thing about the CV is the old school Pine body and with the Affinity, you have the tried and true Alder body.

Since they're pretty inexpensive, you also get some really decent Bang for the $$$, regardless of what some people regurgitate about Squiers.

Well, I wouldn't be using it as my main guitar (cause I'm getting a Fender Strat, of course ) so I think the Tele would be worth it as a slide guitar and different tunings and hoohah like that.

I'll get it then!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
how bout a vintage modified tele? or a thinline telecaster?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
how bout a vintage modified tele? or a thinline telecaster?

Nah, Thinlines look horrible to me, and I don't really like the fact of a humbucker on a Tele.

I like the sound of single coils better than humbuckers.
Cam Sampbell's my hero