I had been looking for info on this but no luck. I’m thinking of building a small amp cab out of a stereo speaker cab.

My question is how would the wiring go? Does it hock up directly to the amp thru a male jack or are there some electronics involve?

Sorry is this is a newb question

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
just one

If you are not doing anything complicated (like woofers and tweeter which require a crossover), then the wiring is fairly simple. Typically, you use a speaker cable to hook the amp to the cab. It has 1/4" mono plugs just like a guitar cable, but it is heavier wire designed to handle the much larger current. Here is a link to how to wire speaker. Make sure your impedance is correct. This is critical.
http://www.jensenvintage.com/wiredia.htm
Quote by cedricsmods
If you are not doing anything complicated (like woofers and tweeter which require a crossover), then the wiring is fairly simple. Typically, you use a speaker cable to hook the amp to the cab. It has 1/4" mono plugs just like a guitar cable, but it is heavier wire designed to handle the much larger current. Here is a link to how to wire speaker. Make sure your impedance is correct. This is critical.
http://www.jensenvintage.com/wiredia.htm

really helpfull also the 1/4 plug how would the speaker wires would be solder to it?

what cable goes were?

Solder the + or red lug on the speaker to the tip connection of a 1/4" female jack. Solder the - or plain lug to the sleeve connection on the 1/4" female jack. Then plug one end of the speaker cable into your new jack and the other into your amp's speaker out jack.

By the way, what is your amp's impedance rating? How many speakers are you using and what are the impedances on each? I just want to make sure you wire it correctly and don't damage your amp.