i went down to a music shop today my aunty owns it to try out some amps marshall mg cart reamber all of them i tryed a 15cd 15dfx < really suck 30dfx <not worth the money 50dfx good amp could be much cheaper tho and the 100hdfx (half stack) i bealive this is a good amp for metal sounds most the other range is crapish if thats a word should be atleast half the money and twice the tone oh then u have the micro half stacks dont buy they are just for show and wayyyyyyy over priced they only cost as much as they do because they stuck the name marshall on the frount and no matter how bad people say they are they will sell for that reason alone what are ur veiwes on the 100hdfx not the other members of the range i kno the effects are useless
vintage metal axxe reaper
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
I don't think any of the MG series are good...

The 100HDFX is the worst offender because it's primarily in halfstack form, which makes people think it will sound good.

But it's just another oversized practice amp and one's money would be much better spent on an all-tube combo. Marshall fails hard at solid state amps - although I've heard the MG wasn't developed by them and that they simply bought out the company that originally produced them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i think all mg's are just the same amp but in different sizes. some have more controls though..
If you want cheap metal tones and can buy the half stack, save up a bit and you can easily get a used 5150.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Why did you say "Sorry, nother MG thread", when you just registered here?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

'Cause he knows people ask about them all the time?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by TheBax

A better question would be why would he know about the other threads and ask the exact same question hoping for different results....
^^^Albert Einstein's definition of insanity -- doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results
some punctuation would be nice, too...hard enough to read about mg's when you know where sentences start and stop...
ask static-x how good the 100hdfx is...oh wait, nobody listens to them....
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
it sux....plastic cabinet, **** speakers..**** amp sound
get a TUBE amp. tube combo. peavey 5150 combo, valveking perhaps
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by OWN3R
i went down to a music shop today my aunty owns it to try out some amps marshall mg cart reamber all of them i tryed a 15cd 15dfx < really suck 30dfx <not worth the money 50dfx good amp could be much cheaper tho and the 100hdfx (half stack) i bealive this is a good amp for metal sounds most the other range is crapish if thats a word should be atleast half the money and twice the tone oh then u have the micro half stacks dont buy they are just for show and wayyyyyyy over priced they only cost as much as they do because they stuck the name marshall on the frount and no matter how bad people say they are they will sell for that reason alone what are ur veiwes on the 100hdfx not the other members of the range i kno the effects are useless

Learn to use punctuation and write like a sensible human being. People aren't going to want to read your posts if they get headaches from reading them.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
well the 100HDFX is not really bad IMO, actually i find you can get decent(not great( sounds out of it, but not worth the money
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
sorry about my punctuation
if the mg isnt your thing , what other ss amps would u recomend ?
yes ive just joined but ive bin looking on ug for help for the past 3 years of playing , only now joined as i'm now in a band
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Last edited by OWN3R at Jul 12, 2008,
we had valvetronix at collage and it seamed impossible to get a nice metal sound out of them, altho very nice cleans
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Only one time have I ever heard a decent sound from an MG100HDFX.
That was only because he didn't use the MG cab (he used a 1960B) and he only used the clean channel with a pedal for distortion.

I'd still never recommend them. Ever.
Soooo... What was the point of this thread?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com