okay. so i've unscrewed everything, got the volume and tone knobs off, but how do i get the toggle switch off the pickguard? it's unscrewed and everything. this might be kind of stupid, sorry if it is but i do need help.
You mean the little white bit on the end? It just comes off with a little force lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
that's what i thought and been doing but seriously, i can't get it off. i've been trying for a while haha. i'm afraid i'll break the switch if i keep trying.
cut the pick guard with something if your just gonna get a new pickguard, then worry about getting the new pick guard around it
Quote by ShredGod George
cut the pick guard with something if your just gonna get a new pickguard, then worry about getting the new pick guard around it

No. It should come right off. Don't be afraid to pull hard.
the tabe does pull off like said. sometimes you can wiggle it back and fourth tiny bits and creep it off too.

just so you know when taking off the guard, the guard will still be connected to the guitar at the input jack and bridge ground wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks everyone. it took a lot more force than i would have thought but i got it off. i was about ready to start trying to melt it haha.
cool. yeah i was gonna say a hair dryer and needle nose (with a towel or something) would help.

also, what kinda strat is this and what kind of pickgaurd did you buy?

I have a MIM strat and buy those cheap ($20) pick gaurds like you find at Guitar Center but everytime, I have to drill out the Vol and Tone holes a bit to get the nut to fit all the way thru cleanly.
i like a quality guard. 3 ply, and shielded.

i think now that you mention it, TS be sure to put foil in the cavity and under the pups on the new guard. the 10 mins of work will be worth it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i like a quality guard. 3 ply, and shielded.

i think now that you mention it, TS be sure to put foil in the cavity and under the pups on the new guard. the 10 mins of work will be worth it.

agreed. The one's I buy are 3 ply and have shielding. JJ can it hurt to put foil in there next time i'm in just to that much more safe? I don't get any unwanted hum now.
well, depends. i mean, if i was happy with a strat, because it was dead quiet then, yeah, i would just leave it alone.

i left my mexican strat alone for years.

then one day, out of the blue it started to make a little pickup switch over noise.

so i ordered about 20 bucks of self adhesive tape from stewmac, and shielded that guard and my MIA strats cavity. (i was getting a sometime click noise.)
i just waited till i needed new strings.

they're both really quiet now. so for me that worked out well.

took about a 45 mins per guitar.
and i usually watch tv while i work. Haha.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well, depends.
so i ordered about 20 bucks of self adhesive tape from stewmac, and shielded that guard and my MIA strats cavity. (i was getting a sometime click noise.)
i just waited till i needed new strings.

cool tnx.

yeah, mine is 2 years old now so I may just pre-order the kit and be ready
haha, yeah i've still got to take my tele apart again.

i just really have to be in the mood.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Now if I could get my toggle switch top to stay on, I'd be a happy man! Haha, funny how the person who wants it off can't get it off (been there on other guitars) and the person who wants it on can't keep it on.
i'd use a wrap or two of plumbers tape around the post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62