Im buying a new acoustic-electric tommorrow and Im torn between these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAN-AK48-Electric-Acoustic-FLORENTINE-Guitar-NEW_W0QQitemZ290244128073QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-APX500-Thinline-Acoustic-Electric-Cutaway-512948-i1167057.gc

Please don't say neither. Just tell me which one you would get if it were between these two and explain your reasoning.

Thanks in advance.
E-Bay is a trench full of psychopathic retards selling trash.

So yamaha.
If I had to choose, I would pick the Yamaha. My school has one as well. It sounds great plugged in, really bad unplugged, but i'd still take it over the dean any day of the year. The yamaha plays better than most guitars. Yamahas are just plain good when it comes to playability.

However, I'm still going to disregard you saying "please don't say neither". I would get a pure acoustic guitar without electronics instead. Look at it this way... about $75 of the price you pay is going to the electronics. How much guitar do you really get? Not a lot. Heck, you aren't even getting a solid wood top. I could get a solid top guitar without electronics for $250.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Why do you really really need the cutaway? Trust me when I say that you probably won't be going up there often. Most professional acoustic guitar players barely even go up there.
Equipment:

You have your priorities a bit mixed up then. You can get a higher quality guitar, cheaper, without a cutaway.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Given that neither is a solid top and I haven't played either, I would say get the one that you're most comfortable playing. Make sure you play both of them if they are available in your local store before you decide. Other than that probably I'm leaning to the Yamaha cause that was my first guitar, and they are usually pretty great in terms of playability.

However I beg you to reassess your reasoning for needing the cutaway, and to include other guitars in your decision. You can get way more bang for the buck if you look outside of your criteria.

I can't really vouch for these as I've never played them, but I'm so much more inclined to recommend them based on the fact that they're solid tops.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-516423-i1148980.gc

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Performer-Tribal-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516479

If anybody has played these, maybe they can give a few notes about them to TS.

Just make sure you're getting what you want cause I wish someone had informed me what to look for in an acoustic guitar when I was getting my first one. And make sure to stop by the "Guitars Under $300" sticky thread at the top of the Acoustic forum for other ideas.

If you've been playing electric for awhile and that's why you're so attracted to the electronics and the cutaway, remember that the acoustic guitar is an entirely different instrument. You're getting a completely different sound out of it, you probably won't utilise the cutaway as much as you think and it's definitely possible to play well on a standard (non-cutaway) acoustic. If you're not playing live very much, you may not need the electronics either- and even if you are, they do alter the acoustic sound and it's not difficult to get an external pickup system to amplify.

Think this through! It's a long-term decision.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
okay guys I really appreciate your patience with me. I think im going to take a bit more time and consideration into this investment.
I also used to find that cutaways made the guitar more attractive when I first started. Now, a bit over a year after I started playing guitar, I find that guitars without cutaways are much more appealing.
Equipment: