I'm in a pickle guys. I accidentally cut my B string with a wire cutter while I was cutting the tip off my high E string. I have spare electric strings, but would they be fine to use on my acoustic?

Thanks UG.
If your life was a song, would you sing my name?
There's no problem, but the sound won't be great. It will be a bit uneven sounding and possibly twangy.

Now, I'll say this before any uninformed chap here tells you differently. Electric guitar strings have less tension than acoustic strings. This is NOT a problem at all. I'm telling you this now because there's a myth that a lack of string tension will damage your neck. It will NOT.

Hope that clears things up for you. Have fun playing.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I've done it before.

Sounds like ****, but it won't hurt the guitar. If you don't need it to sound good, it'll work just fine. Also, for some reason, electric strings sit kind of awkwardly. At least, for me they did. Might have just been because I was using a weird gauge compared to the rest of my strings, though.

I'd personally just say if you need it to sound good, go to a music shop and drop a buck or two on an acoustic string that matches the weight of the one you wanted in the first place more closely.
Last edited by thereverendsoup at Jul 11, 2008,
There's no problem, but the sound won't be great. It will be a bit uneven sounding and possibly twangy.

+1