ok well i just bought a rg1570 from my friend . very good condition nothing wrong. well only thing i foudn wrong is a little buzz. well not so much buzz but like when i play the not on a gain setting it sounds almost of tune. lie the fret doesnt buzz but its like the note isnt clear its sounding like jumpy sorta idk how to explain it but its def not a prob you should have. its a problem you have on cheap guitars. i want to know how can i get this fixed. leveling out the frets? or wat. help plz!!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvuahP-ZO-c

I bearly understood what you mean... all i got was fret buzz.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by MetalheadforJC
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvuahP-ZO-c

I bearly understood what you mean... all i got was fret buzz.

ok its just some of the notes on the higher frets arent coming out clear. some of the high notes arent coming out clear. you can only tell on a gain setting. playing on a clean setting you cant tell.
Your neck might need to be adjusted. Also, the frets might be measured wrong.

I'm not quite sure what your actual problem is from the description, though, so I could very well be wrong.
Lack of clarity?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Lack of clarity?

exactly lack of clarity. when i play the note its like playing a chord out of tune. it sounds a little .. uhh idk wtf to call it lol. but its not wat it should sound like i know that.
Quote by thereverendsoup
Your neck might need to be adjusted. Also, the frets might be measured wrong.

I'm not quite sure what your actual problem is from the description, though, so I could very well be wrong.

well if this helps ill tell you. ok when i got it the guy obvisouly didnt know how to adjsut a tremelo bridge because it was recessed. well before i brought it up some of the frets actaully buzzed. well i brought the bridege out and retuned bla bla. and it got rid of the buzz. so that problem is fixed. but now i have a little problem with some of the high frets. some of the higher notes dont come out crystal clear. like i said. you would have this problem on a cheap guitar. the higher notes dont come out clear. they come out almost sound out of tune thas the only way i can explain it lol.
It really just sounds like the frets might need to be fixed up. If the guitar is in tune, the high notes should play in tune, assuming they're not actually buzzing anymore. The one thing I can think of that would affect that is the space between frets. If they sound out of tune, my guess is the fret just isn't where it should be.

Of course, I'm no professional, so once again, I could be completely wrong and there could be some completely different explanation for it. That's just what I'd think is going on.

What's kind of throwing me is that you can't tell on a clean setting. Are you sure? Have you used a tuner to make sure those notes are in tune? And what are you using to produce that gain? Is it a pedal or the amp?
Last edited by thereverendsoup at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by thereverendsoup
It really just sounds like the frets might need to be fixed up. If the guitar is in tune, the high notes should play in tune, assuming they're not actually buzzing anymore. The one thing I can think of that would affect that is the space between frets. If they sound out of tune, my guess is the fret just isn't where it should be.

Of course, I'm no professional, so once again, I could be completely wrong and there could be some completely different explanation for it. That's just what I'd think is going on.

What's kind of throwing me is that you can't tell on a clean setting. Are you sure? Have you used a tuner to make sure those notes are in tune? And what are you using to produce that gain? Is it a pedal or the amp?

just amp
Quote by ameer
Intonation perhaps?

maybe. i mean idk if you can intonate a tremelo bridge or not lol but yea that could be it
Have you tried through a different amp at all?

'Cause so far, I have no ideas other than what I've already brought to the table.

Do you actually get a note when you play those frets? Or is it more just a "clunk?" I'm assuming you do get a note, but it's out of tune regardless of whether your guitar is in tune. That's how I'm interpreting your description of your problem.