I am not actually planning to buy another guitar as i just bought a g-400. But just planning ahead 4 the future which is the better tremelo? I have been looking at jacksons and the ibanez xiphos. The xiphos is the only ibanez i like. So anyway which tremelo is better?
Edge III's don't deserve all the hate they get. Play around with both guitars and see what you think, after all, that's what matters.

Go to Guitar Center, try them both out, and if you change your mind in 30 days just take it back and exchange it.
I've read A LOT here about how Edge III start to crap out on the guitar after some usage. I don't really know the extent of this crapping out nor do I know HOW it exactly does it, but that's what I've gathered in discussions about this.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by djgbsbj
So theres some doubt on the edge 3 but the fr is definately good?

ORIGINAL Floyd Rose is good. Also, Gotoh Floyd Rose, Kahler Floyd Rose and the ORIGINAL Edge (really just an Ibanez Floyd Rose) Tremolos are good. Pretty much all the "licensed" Floyd Rose tremolos are junk. And you can often tell the difference just by looking at them; it's hard to get pot metal to look like machined, hardened steel.

Also, the "Floyd Rose" tremolos on the entry level to mid range Jacksons (the ones that don't cost over a thousand dollars) are licensed Floyd Rose and unfortunately, also junk. The Ibanez Edge III is junk, and I think (but am not totally sure) that the Edge II is junk too.

When it comes to it, I'd just buy the guitar I wanted and go on ebay for a better tremolo (Gotoh Floyd Rose is my favorite, but the other good ones I mentioned will also work). My Gotoh trem stays in tune for more than a week of fairly hard playing.
If I remember correctly, I think that I've read that the Edge III is replaceable with an Original Floyd Rose. I think it's just supposed to be really small modifications that would be needed and that sometimes, no modification is needed.
Quote by -Rane-
Also, the "Floyd Rose" tremolos on the entry level to mid range Jacksons (the ones that don't cost over a thousand dollars) are licensed Floyd Rose and unfortunately, also junk. The Ibanez Edge III is junk, and I think (but am not totally sure) that the Edge II is junk too.

The Jackson-licensed FR's are perfectly fine. You just have to know how to take care of them

And aren't ALL Edge tremolos Ibanez-licensed FR's?

But if its an Original FR vs. an Edge III, the Floyd totally wins. But if the Floyd is licensed, its virtually the same.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
My friends Edge III is a mess. All of the Jackson LFR's I've played with were actually pretty good. OFR's are just pure win though when it comes to trems.
Gibson.
I have friends regretted buying RGs with edge III
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

have you checked out the new ibanez ZR trems? the pivot on a bearing instead of the knife edge of the trem (what causes alot of later tuning problems). really nice. the newer S models have them. they also have an easily adjustable spring tension system using a rolling dial type wheel on the back.

jym
Quote by jymellis
have you checked out the new ibanez ZR trems? the pivot on a bearing instead of the knife edge of the trem (what causes alot of later tuning problems). really nice. the newer S models have them. they also have an easily adjustable spring tension system using a rolling dial type wheel on the back.

jym

ZR trem is not actually new. Ibanez also have the edge zero.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Floyd Roses are generally of better quality, an Original Floyd is made of forged steel, so it's pretty damn tough.

Licensed Floyds are alright, it really depends on the brand, but the Licensed Floyd on my Jackson has lasted 18 years without any major problems (It was made in 1990) so I guess I can tell you they're pretty durable.